Legal Assistant at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Legal Assistant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
As the Obuasi Mine transitions into full operations, the role of the legal and corporate affairs department has become even more critical. The department has identified certain requirements to ensure that it operates at an optimum level and plays its role towards the attainment of the corporate goals of the company.
The department intends to restructure its legal database, creating a legal repository to be accessible to the legal units in the other Continental Africa (CAR) locations. This will also ensure that all relevant legal documents relating to both the Obuasi and Iduapriem mines, as well as the SDUs are kept safe and readily accessible to persons who may require them. This project requires a dedicated person to manage and ensure its successful completion.
The department is putting in place the necessary tools to ease analysis of legal (especially litigation) and management of contracts. This requires extracting data and providing periodic reports as required. The role also requires the candidate to perform administrative functions to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Create and efficiently manage online Legal and Corporate Affairs Repository-Restructure data base and save all files in a structured manner.
- Enter and Analyse data on litigation and provide periodic reports based on analysis
- Create templates for presentation of legal reports
- File Statutory documents with relevant Governmental bodies.
- General administrative duties including processing of requisitions and invoices for the department, facilitating travel arrangements for staff.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- LLB, BSc Administration or related qualification
Experience in data analysis, interpretation and reporting.
- Previous experience working in a law firm or legal department.
- Previous experience in office and resource management
- Proficient knowledge in MS Office, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Project and Task Management tools.
- Innovation and Problem-solving skills
- Time management and Organization skills.
- Detail Oriented
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 19 August. 2021