Lead Specialist, Regulatory – (Finco) at MTN Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: MTN Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• Responsible for providing expert advice and managing Fintech/Financial Services legal and regulatory compliance, processes and policies. The role scope includes regulatory compliance related to current and emerging financial technology platforms and related regulatory and legal compliance.
• Provide legal and regulatory guidance to manage compliance and regulatory standards for Mobile Money Limited (MML).
• Develop and drive Regulatory affairs and government and stakeholder relations strategy for MML.
• Prepare terms and conditions governing MML applications pursuant to applicable laws.
• Understand the impact of potential changes driven by the local regulation, industry, marketplace, and/or legal environment and provide guidance for leadership decision making.
• Provide guidance on compliance with a range of laws, regulations, and industry rules regarding MML.
• Coordinate and research regulatory approvals and input into proposed legislation, policies, and regulations.
• Review and analyse proposed or new laws and regulations, and/or lobbying efforts relevant to the FinTech industry, consumer rights and the role of financial data aggregators, and laws that potentially implicate regulated financial institutions
• Provide guidance to MML of evolving regulatory and compliance trends in the local and global Fintech ecosystem, related impact and proactive interventions.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to position Public Relations and Communications across multiple channels for the entity.
• Renewal processes preparation including all licenses and the management of all activities related to renewal decision.
• Provide timely, concise, and business-focused legal and regulatory advice in areas including evolving Fintech and related regulations.
• Develop and drive comprehensive review and assessment of new financial products and initiatives, balancing risk and business objectives.
• Work cross-functionally and with external counsel. Keep internal stakeholders abreast of important industry consumer protection laws and other product-related regulations.
• Reporting related to scope to internal and external stakeholders and governance bodies
• Dynamic and evolving Fintech/Financial Services industry
• Multi-regulated and multifaceted stakeholder management
• Public Listed Organization
• Environmental, social and governance prioritized
• Partnerships at the core of business practices
• Platform business
• Subsidiary company
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
Strategic Planning & Thinking
• Lead and direct a strategic planning team to address and outline the future direction of an organization
• Establish strategic performance measures to allow the organization to continually assess and adjust program direction
• Explain the strategic direction of the organization to others
Qualification Required & Experience
• Professional certification (BL)
• Minimum 8 years relevant experience in a similar position with at least 5 years’ experience in Government relations, Regulatory and/or stakeholder engagement function/activity at a managerial level. Experience in a regulated industry.
• Experience in defining and executing legal and regulatory affairs strategies, policies, and frameworks in a scalable/large scale Financial Services multi-country environment
• Considerable exposure and participation in negotiations and drafting of transactions documents (locally and internationally)
• Experience working in a global/multinational enterprise
• Legal (Corporate & Commercial law, Litigation, M&A Legal Advisory, Legal Due Diligence, Negotiation & Deal review, Legal analysis, Dispute Management, Labour & employment law, IP law & legislation)
• Excellent communication; presentation, reporting and writing skills
• Conceptual thinking
• Contract Management
• Information Management
• Legislation and Compliance
• Financial and Commercial Acumen
• Policy Design and Development
• Project Planning and Control
• Research Orientation
• Stakeholder Relations Management
• Fintech Business Savvy
• Computer literacy – MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
Skills / physical competencies:
• Ability to manage self and team performance, good conflict management and dispute resolution
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently.
• Interpersonal Skills Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills, commitment
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number MTN-CSD-ADTRACK001) as the email subject. Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
[email protected] and save their CVs in their names
Closing Date: 06 June, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.