Lead, Impact Data Management & Analytics at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION We are currently in an exciting period at the Mastercard Foundation as we intensify the implementation of the Young Africa Works strategy, aiming to empower 30 million young people throughout Africa to access dignified and fulfilling employment.To ensure the Foundation’s accessibility to our partners and program participants, we have established offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda. These offices provide strong in-country support for the implementation of Young Africa Works. We collaborate with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to enhance the quality of education and vocational training, equip young individuals with the necessary skills for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and facilitate connections between job seekers and meaningful employment opportunities.Our values serve as our guiding principles, transcending and surpassing all other considerations. We wholeheartedly encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work.UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATIONThe Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.If you are an experienced Impact Data Management & Analytics professional looking to increase your impact, read on!THE OPPORTUNITY Reporting to Head, Impact Analytics & Measurement, the Lead, Impact Data Management & Analytics, will manage the impact data management and analytics systems and processes within Mastercard Foundation. The position will also lead the implementation of the impact data management system, impact data quality assurance, and routine analytics for various periodical reports. The position will support the Head of Impact Data & Analytics in implementing related systems and processes.The successful candidate will be based in Canada or any of our listed offices in Africa (Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Ghana and Nigeria).WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Collaborate with other impact staff to prioritize the implementation of the data management and analytics processes for the Foundation.
- Under the guidance of the head of impact measurement & analytics, partner with other cross-functional teams, e.g., business intelligence, finance, programs, among others, to implement enterprise-wide data processes and systems.
- Contribute to the strengthening of the analytical capability across the impact team.
- Implement routine descriptive and diagnostic analytics for impact measures.
- Monitor impact data quality assurance across all countries by providing technical support.
- Provide data and analytics technical knowledge and support to the prospective innovations including design and implementation of an impact data management and reporting system.
- Provide data management, analytics, and visualization technical support to other impact staff in the execution of other measurement workstream pillars i.e., measurement & reporting.
- Regularly produce robust analysis, visualization and interpretation of data to augment reporting, and other external communications.
- Stay appraised of leading global data and analytic practices and contribute to contextualizing the same within the Foundation’s impact data practices.
- Establish and maintain external partnerships and resources to facilitate deeper impact analysis.
- Participate and contribute to agreed and relevant external forums and networks to showcase the Foundation’s impact.
- Support in influencing external country and regional data bodies to enhance youth centered data practices important for the Foundation.
Who You Are
- Master’s degree plus a Professional qualification in Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, or another related course is required.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in data and analytics, and understanding the underlying technologies needed to enable innovative implementation of data management and analytics processes.
- Data analysis and management using statistical packages including SPSS, Stata, R-Studio, Python, or My SQL.
- Strong quantitative knowledge to understand, explain, and conceptualize analyses using development statistical information to inform strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to support strong partnerships and alliances inside and outside of the organization and work in a politically demanding environment.
- Experience working for a Foundation, Donor, or development organization desired.
- Ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and enthusiasm both individually and as part of a complex team effort.
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, content management and data management.
- Experience with two or more statistical packages including SPSS, Stata, R-Studio, Python, or My SQL.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PowerBI, Tableau, R, or other Analytics Vendors with BI components.
- Demonstrated expertise in using Advanced Excel including use of macros.
- Experience with or knowledge of leading open-source data collection & management platforms in the humanitarian and development space (e.g., DHIS2, Kobo Toolbox, ODK).
- Ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with the highest ethical standards and aligns with the values of the Foundation.
- Ability to promote collaboration by supporting team unity, aligning to common data goals, and facilitating collaborative behavior.
- A deep commitment to the overall values of the Foundation, its programs, and an approach consistent with the Foundation’s impact strategy.
- Outstanding attention to detail with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment of ongoing growth.
- Self-directed, active problem solver and ability to travel up to 40%.
- Good Interpersonal skills, Communication, Collaboration, and ability to speak simply about complex data issues.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th June, 2023