Lead of Health Entrepreneurship at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATION
The Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.
As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.
The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.
If you are an experienced Health Entrepreneurship professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Health Initiatives, the Lead of Health Entrepreneurship will contribute to the continuing design and implementation of Health as an economic sector including the work with Africa CDC. Lead strategic planning and execution to advance the Foundation’s programmatic priorities in health entrepreneurship.
The successful candidate will be based in any of the listed Offices (Rwanda, Ghana)
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Design evidence-based strategies for implementation of the Health Entrepreneurship and work with others to deliver the vaccines initiative:
- Ensure alignment of the pillar strategy and the health as well as the Foundation strategy.
- Work with regional and country teams on country diagnostics and setting strategic priorities for country implementation.
- Work with external agencies at global and continental level, local partners, academia and where appropriate the private sector, to develop and implement the strategy.
- Develop country-level strategic outcomes and program roadmaps, proactively pursuing opportunities for program innovation.
- Seek opportunities to link and integrate programming across countries and thematic teams such as access to finance and digital technology.
- Contribute to building the Health Entrepreneurship pillar team working with the Head of Health, People & Culture on talent.
- Work with other health pillar leads to ensure success and impact all of the pillar of the Health Strategy – employment, and ecosystems – through supporting partners with implementation, collaboration, integration, and innovation across strategic priorities and thematic areas.
- Contribute to the success and impact in the work with Africa CDC in the vaccinations initiative.
- Serve as an ambassador of the work, internally and externally and represent the Foundation and its work to government, academic, business, philanthropic, civic leaders relevant to the thematic area where appropriate.
- Work with colleagues in strategy and planning, and in impact to build monitoring framework to assess impact and timely implementation and synthesize learning.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues in regional and country programming.
- Work with others to develop and manage the budgets and ensure spending adjustments or budget modifications are done as necessary.
- Build relationships with youth, civic, governmental, and business leaders, and program alumni to scope new ideas, seek counsel, and support programming efforts.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships within the Human Capital Development group and with cross functional teams and regional and country teams.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with other stakeholders and related agencies relevant to the health strategy pillar.
- Facilitate integration, collaboration and convening relevant actors to drive impact at scale.
- Effectively lead colleagues, ensuring high quality of work, safeguarding and alignment with Foundation values.
- Drive oneness building a supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Oversee performance management of direct and indirect reports.
- Oversee and manage facilities/office needs to ensure a safe, secure and productive work environment for employees and visitors.
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and Foundation policies.
WHO YOU ARE
- Master’s/MBA or PhD in global development, education, public policy or another related field is an asset.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience of significant management experience at a senior level in global organizations with strong leadership experience in international relations, education, development and/or government or public policy within non-profit organizations, international NGO’s and/or learning institutions is required.
- Six (6) years of exceptional leadership experience, building and managing high performing teams.
- Demonstrated financial management experience including preparation and management of budgets, contracts, etc. Senior level experience in Africa and with exposure to international issues ideally is crucial. Private sector experience would be an asset.
- Advanced expertise in country experience working with Rwanda government, development, political and social issues of the Country.
- Demonstrated success at facilitating organizational change as well as building and managing high performing teams in a growing office with proven success.
- Proven experience effectively engaging with high-level government officials, key partners, media, business leaders and other influential personalities.
- Solution based approach while demonstrating innovation, integrity, quality, creativity, flexibility and resilience.
- Fluency in languages relevant to the country and work
- Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to merge technical and operational demands of the program into a cohesive structure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to express facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
- Demonstrates mature and sound judgement when addressing highly complex needs
- Innovative and entrepreneurial and who is able to formulate and develop new or creative approaches to problems and inspires others on the team to do so as well.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8 Jan. 2022