Lead, Enterprise Risk Management at Mastercard Foundation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Mastercard Foundation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATIONThe Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.If you are a driven and passionate Internal Audit professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!THE OPPORTUNITY Reporting to the Head, Enterprise Risk Management, the role will be responsible for performing enterprise risk reviews and investigations which helps the Foundation achieve its objectives by evaluating the effectiveness of its governance, risk management, operational effectiveness, financial management and internal controls and fostering an environment of continuous improvement.The successful candidate will be based in any of our listed offices in Africa (Rwanda, Ethiopia, Ghana).WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE Enterprise Risk Management
- Provide input into the ERM policy, risk profile, risk appetite and risk management activities from a regional perspective
- Promote cultural awareness of risk management that will assist in responsible risk taking within the region
- Contribute to the development and deployment of strategic risk management frameworks, programs and processes needed to build a robust, strong and sustainable control environment in the country
- Identify significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance and governance then collaborate on solutions.
- Conduct enterprise risk assessments at regional level to update the Foundation’s risk profile including risk management activities and end to end business process reviews to address key risks.
- Monitor and report on the risk profile and the implementation of risk management activities to the country and regional leadership
- Drive mitigation and embedment of remedial actions for identified issues
- Research and incorporate best practices including leveraging technology, third party relationships and data analytics to identify trends and potential risk areas
- Drive comprehensive incident management i.e. identification, analysis and remediation of actual or potential incidents impacting the foundation to learn from incidents and prevent reoccurrence
- Participate in regional senior management meetings including various forums in an advisory capacity on risk and audit matters or on design of key controls
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and steer collaborations across the Foundation’s functions and with stakeholders including program partners, external auditors, colleagues and communities
- External professional engagement with Internal Audit and Risk practitioners
- Assist with talent planning, resourcing, performance evaluation and staff engagement
- Train foundation teams in different aspects including risk management, internal controls, governance aspects
Who You Are
- A university degree in accounting or a related field. Master’s degree in accounting or related field will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualifications
- Accreditation as a member with a recognized institute of internal auditors or professional accounting body
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Minimum 10 years in audit or risk roles within large and/or global organizations, with at least 4 years in a senior internal audit or risk management role.
- Previous work in the development sector is a definite asset.
- Experience in planning and performing all stages in the enterprise risk management process, business reviews and investigations
- Excellent ability to assess risks and exercise judgment in making important decisions.
- Experience in preparing and presenting reports to senior leadership team
- Impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- You possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity and sensitivity with different cultures
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and engaging with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th December, 2022