Lead, Education and Skills at Gold Fields
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Gold Fields
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, young people, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.UNDERSTANDING CANADA PROGRAMS AT THE FOUNDATIONThe Foundation has begun working within Canada in partnership with Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions to listen, learn, and best understand how we can act in meaningful ways. The EleV strategy was co-created with Indigenous communities, young people, and partners to enable 30,000 Indigenous youth to complete their education and transition to dignified work aligned with their values and aspirations.As reflected in Canada’s Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action, education is a key driver of improved socio-economic well-being. Through building partnerships with Indigenous communities, we look to expand our initiative ultimately helping to support a generation of transformative Indigenous young leaders who will be change agents within their communities. We believe that by setting a bold target, we will encourage engagement across sectors and create momentum that will elevate the strengths and opportunities of Indigenous youth. In keeping with our approach, Indigenous communities and young people will be the drivers of this transformation. The program will promote innovations to address longer-term systemic change to achieve economic prosperity and social well-being within Indigenous communities.The EleV team oversees current and emerging partnerships related to Indigenous education. Consistent with our overall vision and Youth Africa Works strategy, we will share learnings and opportunities to connect across the work of the Foundation. While operating in distinct contexts, the centrality of youth voice and vision, affirmation of culture and identity, and priority to enhance community capacity for self-determination are common threads upon which our work is strengthened and reinforced.If you are an experienced Lead, Education and Skills professional looking to increase your impact, read on!THE OPPORTUNITY Reporting to the Country Head, the role will be responsible for leading the Education and Skills team in the development and design of education and skills development programs aligned with nationally identified priorities and Foundation strategies in support of youth employment, particularly in the agriculture sector.WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Identify issues and trends that affect the quality of secondary education and TVET, as part of the Foundation’s country strategy and program development processes.
- Identify skills and workforce development gaps, issues and trends relevant to education and economic development during strategy and program development processes.
- Lead on the development of new education and skills programming as part of Young Africa Works Ghana, identifying and engaging with potential implementing partners for country-based Secondary Education/TVET interventions.
- Participate in local Secondary Education/TVET partner coordination working groups, task forces and other meetings where relevant.
- Lead the Education and Skills team and provide guidance and support to Program Partners, Analysts and Interns in the achievement of team objectives.
- Manage the current/future Education and Skills program portfolio in Ghana, including ensuring that program objectives are achieved, facilitating partner coordination, reviewing narrative and financial reporting, undertaking regular partner/site visits and distilling program learning.
- Lead adaptation of the Foundation’s programming and learning related to secondary education and to specific country contexts, leveraging country diagnostics and learning from our portfolio of partners.
- Provide support in the design and delivery of appropriate mechanisms to monitor effectiveness and impact of education and skills development interventions.
- Provide education and workforce development expertise to support Foundation colleagues’ design and management of programs in Ghana and other priority countries as required.
- Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, senior government representatives and other key stakeholders at the country-level, in addition to contributing to communities of practice and knowledge sharing at the global level.
Who You Are
- Graduate degree in education, economics or a youth development-related field is required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant experience leading program interventions with partner organizations/grantees; education sector experience is desirable.
- Strong understanding of issues, challenges and trends in the design and implementation of TVET programs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Program development and execution in the non-profit or public sectors with a focus on Secondary Education/ TVET and workforce development training.
- Education and Skills program development and execution, focused on low-income youth.
- Demonstrated ability to lead diagnostic and analytic work as well as project design, partner identification and implementation.
- Experience working with or in partnership with non-profit, private or public sectors, particularly in a role relating to education and skills development in Africa.
- Experience managing teams.
- Command of quantitative and qualitative education and labour market analysis techniques.
- Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects with senior levels of government and the private sector.
- Understanding of the key challenges, opportunities and players in the education sector, particularly at the secondary level and in TVET.
- Knowledge of skills and workforce development, particularly in agriculture and adjacent sectors, would be an asset.
- Solid experience and knowledge in skills development issues relevant to vulnerable groups (e.g. rural young women, refugee or displaced youth, youth with disabilities etc.).
- Able to effectively manage and develop a team to achieve strategic objectives.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th October, 2022