Laboratory Technologist at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Laboratory Technologist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Oil Lab Technologist is responsible for performing all analytical testing for mining production, process and other engineering related samples. The role holder will assist the Tribologist in ensuring that all diagnostic tests on oil samples are done according to standards.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Assist Tribologist in Oil Sample analysis and other related work
- Receiving, registering and preparing specimens and samples for analyzes
- Management of samples received in the laboratory
- To analyze, compute and record sample test data and results, using computer controlled laboratory apparatus and instruments in conjunction with the integrated LIMS automatic data transfer system
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses.
- Performing laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support investigations.
- Liaising with field engineers for samples collection, submissions and receipts
- Dispatching sampling kits to engineering sections
- Laboratory inventory and consumable management
- Laboratory apparatus, glassware and testing area management
- Participate in OHS meetings and safety committee meetings in areas of responsibility.
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives
- Propose cost savings projects
- Execute work in a timely manner
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
- Report directly to the Tribologist on issues and identify and execute improvement projects
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of HND Lab Technology/Technician certificate or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years in a commercial lab, petrochemical products manufacturing company, oil & gas industry, pharmaceutical industry, or in a mining related on-site oil lab
- MINCOM Inspecting Engineer Certificate of Competency
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Must be Computer literate
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th March, 2023