Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Specialist at International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through developing and transferring effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
Since 2018, IFDC is implementing the U.S. Agency for International Development West Africa Mission’s (USAID/WA) Feed the Future Enhancing Growth through Regional Agricultural Input Systems (EnGRAIS) program, in partnership with ECOWAS, UEMOA, CILSS, CORAF, and WAFA, inter alia.
USAID/WA is considering a 3-year cost and time extension of the EnGRAIS project, with a focus on four workstreams: (workstream 1) Boosting the private sector-led supply of quality fertilizer and seed inputs through public-private partnerships (PPPs); (workstream 2) Increasing nutrient use efficiency through scaling up of dissemination and adoption of innovative and efficient agricultural input packages (AIPs) under the framework of the ECOWAS Regional Agricultural Input Strategy; (workstream 3) improving and harmonizing fertilizer policy and regulatory systems across West Africa in accordance with ECOWAS guidance, and (workstream 4) Facilitating knowledge dissemination of large-scale, high-quality fertilizer market data..
1.2 Position Description
The Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Specialist will report directly to the CoP and is responsible for the implementation of the program communications strategy, internally and externally, and compliance with USAID communications requirements.
1.3. Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and manage the communications strategy for the Project under the leadership of the COP, advancing the project’s vision, mission, and mandate utilizing various media formats targeting a variety of audiences.
- Establish and socialize KMC systems, platforms, processes, and tools to support efficient and effective knowledge management, learning, and communications to ensure project’s institutional memory.
- Responsible for the preparation, editing, and submission of contract deliverables to USAID and assist with finalizing programmatic work plans, as needed, ensuring all program deliverables, trainings, and technical reports comply with USAID branding guidelines and the programs approved Branding and Implementation Plan and Marking Plan.
- Synthesize technical information to produce and disseminate accurate and useful knowledge products such as press releases, feature articles, success stories, lessons learned, presentation materials, marketing materials, quarterly and annual reports, videos, multimedia, and extension materials in consultation with technical staff.
- Work closely with Team Leaders to monitor project activities to identify success stories, and lessons learned and ensure they are captured, developed, edited, and shared.
- Respond to project staff requests for communications assistance and provide creative ideas for using communications and KM tools to improve the implementation and effectiveness of project activities.
- Provide strategic and programmatic advice on communications and knowledge exchange and support project leadership to strengthen program design and implementation.
- Achieve and maintain effective communications with USAID, partner organizations, and stakeholders.
- Apply modern techniques and strategies to reach with customized information large target groups, including agro-dealers’ networks and farmers across the region.
- Perform other appropriate tasks that support the overall project, as assigned by the COP or his/her designee.
1.4 Duty station
This position may be posted to any of the current IFDC office locations in West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Senegal, or Togo). He/she should be available to travel frequently within and outside the region when called upon to.
The position is open for the duration of the project (March 2023 – Feb 2026), subject to availability of funding.
1.6 Equal opportunity
IFDC is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will be considered for employment with no discrimination on the basis of their protected characteristics (race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, age, marital status, disability).
Interested candidates must send their resumes in English accompanied with a motivation letter in either English or French.
- Degree (BA/Master’s) in relevant technical area, preferably communications or journalism.
- At least 7 years of experience with bachelor’s and 5 years with Master’s in knowledge management and communications.
- Demonstrated experience with communications strategy development and implementation.
- USAID funded project experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of USAID’s reporting, branding, and marking requirements.
- Experience producing high-quality communication products for a variety of channels (e.g., print, digital, video).
- Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate leadership, good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs.
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English or French and working knowledge in the other
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th March, 2023