Knowledge Management Assistant at The International Potato Center (CIP)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: The International Potato Center (CIP)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Knowledge Management Assistant to ensure that all quantitative and qualitative data collected by the project are of quality and properly collected, documented, and archived, along with providing communications support (website, social media, blogs, publications) to team members that ensure findings from the project are widely distributed.
The Position: This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center. The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana and will report to the Senior Research Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the M&E and IT Specialist in the design of data collection tools using ODK or CSPro software.
- Assist in assuring the proper documentation and archiving of all monitoring and survey data and assuring that data are open access.
- Train research staff in proper data management and file organization and knowledge output archiving and assure that all project staff are backing up their data on a regular basis.
- Work with the team in developing and implementing a communication and knowledge management strategy and timeline for the project.
- Work with team members to prepare success stories, fact sheets, media kits, etc. related to the project.
- Assure all project generated knowledge outputs and communication outputs are available on the Sweetpotato Knowledge Portal and the CIP website and a project page on the Portal is updated monthly.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of terms of reference for entities or consultants assisting in the development of videos or other communication items
- Collaborate with other team members in exploring new techniques and options for managing and disseminating knowledge.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, marketing, communication, or a science-related area.
- Two years of experience collecting and managing quantitative data sets.
- One year of professional experience in developing and implementing communication and knowledge management strategies or exemplary communications results in fewer years.
- Training in use of ODK or CSPRO software.
- Excellent data and file management skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with websites, dashboards and other new media technologies.
- Strong and effective use of social media skills.
- Proactive approach, with ability to find creative ways to solve problems.
- Good writing ability in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Good skills in photography, with video skills desirable.
- Knowledge of at least one local language of Northern Ghana
General information: The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Ghana nationals and permanent residents only. The contract will be for an initial period of three years (with a 6-month probation period). Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th May. 2022