Junior Associate Nutrition Officer at World Food Programme
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Food Programme
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Mission and objectives
The United Nations World Food Programme is the winner of the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize. WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
WFP provides support to vulnerable populations (pregnant and lactating women, adolescent girls and children 6-23 months) by encouraging them to attend health and nutrition services, in addition to electronic vouchers for specialized nutritious foods. These beneficiaries are managed in a corporate platform called SCOPE. Beneficiary data is updated in SCOPE monthly, and electronic vouchers sent to qualified beneficiaries’ electronic voucher cards for them to redeem at a designated retail shop closer to the facilities where they attend health services.
Promotion for consumption of nutritious foods is also carried out through Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC).
Under the direct supervision of the Tamale Sub-Office Nutritionist, the UN Youth Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Assist in managing beneficiary data in SCOPE (updating beneficiary information, manual re-enrolment and other related functions)
• Provide support to the nutrition unit in carrying out demand creation for locally available and fortified nutritious foods.
• Any other duties as determined by supervisor
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd April. 2022