Junior Analyst at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The UN Secretary-General established the UN SDG Action Campaign to inspire people and organizations from all backgrounds and every part of the world to take actions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, while holding decision-makers to account for progress society-wide. The UN SDG Action Campaign is hosted and supported by UNDP and is based in Bonn (Germany) with a lean team that marshals rapid support for new initiatives as opportunities arise and provides partners with on-demand strategic creative services that inspire local SDG action.
The UN SDG Action Campaign is working closely with cities and local governments to showcase how they are actively contributing to implementing Agenda 2030, accelerating transformative action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals for all, and everywhere. Within this context, the UN SDG Action Campaign is seeking to recruit a Junior Analyst on SDG and municipal services innovation to maximize UNDP efforts to support local and regional governments innovating SDG local action.
Local and regional governments are already responsible for over 65% of the SDG targets, most of them linked to basic service provision from water, sanitation, mobility, climate action, health or education. Cities and territories are playing a big part in the implementation of SDGs, that are becoming a new tool for strategic planning and budgeting in the mid to long-term. The Junior Analyst will support UNDP Country Office working with municipalities around the world to exchange experiences, generate knowledge about the latest local development trends and collect data about city innovation to upscale and replicate such innovations. H/she will also ensure that the experience generated by the Global Mayors Challenge project is shared, upscaled and communicated worldwide.
The Junior Analyst will support UNDP’s global work on the local implementation of SDGs through local service provision, contributing to the generation of knowledge about how cities are developing new inclusive public services to achieve the SDGs. The work will pay special attention to water, sanitation and waste SDG related indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities
SDGs are genuinely interlinked with service provision at the local level. Across the world, many cities are transforming their approach to service provision. Taking inspiration from the broad spectrum of targets and indicators offered by SDG, cities are introducing innovative practices and rebuilding the concept of social contract from the local level. The Junior Analyst will support the UNDP global learning network on Municipal innovation in public services and how cities are using SDGs as planning tools, generating and sharing knowledge about how cities are developing new inclusive public services to achieve the SDGs targets and indicators.
The Junior Analyst will work with the UNDP-UN SDG Action Campaign Network to:
- Facilitate the exchange of experiences amongst participating local governments;
- Identify similar experiences worldwide, analyze public policies and share technical expertise with the UNDP beneficiary cities globally;
- Analyze data and generate knowledge assets;
- Support project implementation and replication of experiences of local governments wishing to use the SDGs as tools for innovative public service delivery;
- Provide technical support to the implementation of the Global Mayors Challenge in Kumasi, Ghana;
- Prepare and implement needs assessment for beneficiary local and regional governments;
- Facilitate the preparation and review of training resource materials;
- Prepare any relevant documents to support the necessary capacity development activities;
- Prepare a monitoring framework for the status, results, and milestones for the capacity development;
- Identify and map different resource persons and institutions working on similar issues worldwide;
- Identify and facilitate documentation of human impact stories, good case studies, project success, challenges and innovative models;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management, producing and disseminating lessons learnt from designated projects and support to the promotion of cross-project, cross-unit knowledge
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th November, 2022