Junior Agronomist at GBfoods
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: GBfoods
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand’Italia and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,4 billion euros and a team of around 3,300 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Agronomic management and land improvement to produce tomato and other crops of interest.
- Localization of inputs for all agronomic production processes
- Develop clear plan for soil/land development and improvement to enhance better crop yield.
- Develop clear plans of managing the tomato farm, including harvesting plan.
- Develop and supervise execution of Good Agronomic Practices (fertilizer, pesticide, weed control, irrigation regime, etc.)
- Develop and supervise the execution of seeding plan and ensure proper management in the germination room to achieve optimum germination.
- Design plans for the management and expansion of greenhouse for adequate seedling production and appropriate greenhouse irrigation systems installation
- Develop clear plans/strategies to maximize/increase output of tomato per unit area.
- Develop agronomic trials with the aim of addressing the improvement of tomato yield, minimize the effect of diseases, weed and soil related problems, while minimizing cost.
- Source locally for inputs (fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, manure etc.) suitable for best practices of tomato production and cover crops based on planned activities.
- Supervise and build the capacity of Associate agronomists and other support staff on tomato and cover crop production.
- Participate in the recruitment process for local agronomist and support staff.
- Ensure that all safety precautions are taken by staff and workers on the field, including personal protective clothing.
- Ensure that all activities and crop production practices are carried out in accordance with environmental protection procedures.
- Develop costs tracking for all inputs used, including labour for the management of the farm.
- Develop crop protection plans against tomato pests, diseases, and adverse effects of the environment.
- Develop strategies to mitigate tomato harvest and postharvest losses.
- Ensure proper and accurate record/documentation.
- Ensure the safe use of agrochemicals.
- Develop and present timely reports of production
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed, has professional field Sales experience and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Academic And Technical Requirements
- BSc. /M.Sc. in Agronomy, Crop Protection, Soil Science or other related course
- Have minimum of 5 – 7year experience in agronomy or related fields with relevant field experience
- Understand Ghanaian agro-ecologies and crop production patterns.
- Have knowledge and experience in field experimentation and data collection/analysis.
- Good knowledge of regenerative agricultural/sustainability
- Sound knowledge of tomato nutrients requirement
- Crop-water requirement for arable crop in the tropical environment
- Agricultural land improvement techniques
- Crop protection strategies
- Adequate knowledge of drip irrigation technology and system maintenance
- Good knowledge of GAP for major tropical crops
Soft Skills Requirement
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Good at meeting deadlines and a keen eye for detail and results-driven
- Open mindset, pro-activeness
- Good judgement and decision- making skills.
- Excellent team player
- Good time management
- Physical stamina and strength
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th August, 2023