Junior Accountant at Golder
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Golder
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture.
Golder Associates Ghana is seeking a Junior Accountant to ensure the delivery of a highly professional service to the Company by taking ownership of the Ghana Finance function within the Finance BU.
Key Duties And Responsibilities Will Include
To ensure the delivery of a highly professional service to the Company by taking ownership of various functions relating to the following categories:
- Trade payables
- Various Tax returns filing
- Obtain WHT certificates
- Liaising with GRA
- Admin related as delegated by the Regional Financial Lead
Within The Above Responsibilities Include
- Accurately prepare monthly payment reconciliations of creditor account statements against the A/P supplier statements to BST as required.
- Ensure invoices are properly authorized in accordance with levels of authority.
- To follow up on invoices not yet authorised or not yet received from suppliers daily.
- Accurately process / capture invoices in BST / Accounts Payable in order to effect payment on time.
- Managing creditors and payment on due dates as per age analysis.
- Check & match invoices against orders.
- Resolve queries on creditor accounts as delegated by the Creditor Lead.
- Request for journals where necessary.
- To correct supplier & General Ledger accounts daily.
- Accurately reconcile G/L and creditors accounts on a monthly basis.
- Embraces concept of leading and promoting health and safety culture.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Matric and related tertiary qualification e.g. Bookkeeping Diploma or equivalent
- Min 3 years’ experience in full function Creditors / accounts payable
- Good understanding of age analysis of accounts and understand general ledger structures
- Excellent professional work standard / high ethics
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must have a flair strong for accounting / figures
- Excellent communication skills (English) on all levels
- Enjoy working in a team
- Strong problem-solving skills (queries)
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude
- Able to work independently and proactively without supervision
- Results driven
- Ability to work against and meet deadlines in all circumstances
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality & high levels of integrity
- Taking full ownership, responsibility and accountability in all tasks
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- General computer literate (Windows, MS Word, Excel & Outlook)
- BST or BWO
Your Benefits At Golder Will Include
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Opportunity to work closely with our water teams in South Africa, Australia, Europe, US and Canada.
- Opportunity to work closely with our Environment, Waste and Engineering teams
- Opportunity to develop your career in the specific area of your interest.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, a member of WSP, is a leading global specialised engineering and consulting organisation with over 60 years of successful service to its clients. By joining forces with WSP in 2021, Golder is now part of a 14,000-person strong earth and environment practice, providing engineering, remediation, regulatory & compliance, design and environmental services on projects that span all seven continents. Our professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment, and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil & gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people – we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own. All qualified applicants who meet the specific criteria outlined above are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th June. 2022