International Researcher – Innovation Scaling Impact Assessment at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The International Researcher – Innovation Scaling Impact Assessment will be responsible for implementing research on scalability and impact of agricultural innovations and coordinating Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Impact Assessment (MELIA) for the research for development projects that aims to track progress towards achieving project objectives and expected outcomes. The projects include but are not limited to the Innovation Lab for Small-Scale Irrigation (ILSSI), the Africa Research in Sustainable Intensification for the Next Generation (Africa RISING), Societal Development and Ecosystems Conservation in Sahelian Wetlands (SaWEL), Remote Sensing for Water Productivity (WaPoR), Accelerating the Impact of CGIAR Climate Research for Africa (AICCRA), and The Rethinking Market and Value Chains Initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
MELIA for the innovation scaling research for development projects
• Establish and run a coherent MELIA system to provide reliable data for the innovation scaling research for development projects and ensure the duly submission of project deliverables.
• Supervise the project implementation, including monitoring progress, liaising with all project implementation teams and partners, and reporting on progress both internally and externally.
• Coordinate the updating of MELIA outcomes/outputs/indicators and refine data collection and reporting methods to monitor the progress of activities and outcomes.
• Strengthen the MELIA capacity of project teams and implementing partners to effectively track project results and impact.
• Facilitate baseline and end-line studies on projects’ interventions.
• Facilitate the preparation of project progress reports and updates.
• Assess and reflect on project progress and theory of change (MEL).
• Coordinate the assessment of Evaluate End of Initiative (EoI) outcomes and impacts.
• Act as a focal point for any external project evaluations to be conducted by the donor.
• Other tasks within the context of project implementation (e.g., research, learning events, policy engagement, supervision of research activities, and MSc/Ph.D. thesis writing) as assigned.
Scaling preparedness action (SPA)
• Review the projects’ progress, credibility, relevance, and scaling potential of the tested/developed innovation bundles in the projects.
• Profile the piloted innovation bundles along the intervention process.
Profile and identify scalable innovation bundles by:
• Designing, updating, and adapting the Causal Impact Assessment Learning (MELIA) along the intervention process to identify uptake and average or potential impact of the piloted innovation bundles; and
• Carrying out the Causal Impact Assessment and assessing the scalability of the piloting/testing/developing innovation bundles (intervention process)
Prepare the scaling preparedness for the projects’ scalable innovation bundles by:
• Facilitating the development of scaling strategy for the scalable innovation bundles; and
• Catalyzing scaling networks and partnerships
Systemic, adaptive scaling research Implementation
• Conduct research on innovation scaling related to market and value chains, water solutions, and farmer-led irrigation.
• Analyze scaling processes and pathways of the scalable innovation bundles.
• Develop monitoring and evaluation framework for impact assessment of scaling partnership.
• Contribute to the development of systemic, adaptive scaling toolkit.
Qualification Required & Experience
The successful candidate will posses the following:
• A Ph.D. degree in Business, Human Geography, Sociology, Development Economics, or a closely related field relevant to Water Resources Management, Agricultural Development, and Agricultural Innovation Systems and Scaling, Impact Assessment or similar.
• At least five years of relevant work experience, preferably in areas such as agricultural innovation scaling, value chain development, and private sector engagement.
• Experience in using a combination of quantitative and qualitative research methods and participatory research approaches to design and conduct field research activities across a range of problems, such as:
O agricultural value chain analysis and market study;
O innovation scaling partnerships, pathways, and processes;
O gender equality and social inclusion in innovation scaling; and
O interactive demand-driven learning for capacity building.
• Results-oriented project management approaches, theory of change approaches, and planning and implementation of MELIA systems.
• Project data management and analysis as well as management of external project evaluations.
• Experience in transforming research into knowledge products for outreach and impact in development, policy, and research in Sub-Sahara Africa.
• A record of peer-reviewed publications in academic journals.
• Ability to conduct research in the areas of irrigation innovation scaling, gender equality and social inclusion, and agricultural value chains in Africa.
• Knowledge and ability to establish, facilitate, and coordinate the operation of the MELIA system.
• Ability to conduct process and impact pathway analysis, and other similar methods such as outcome mapping.
• Good understanding and experience in socio-economic surveys, data management, and data analyses with appropriate statistical tools.
• Ability to apply technical, economic, and institutional reasoning to innovation scaling and policy issues in a critical manner.
• Proven experience in using quantitative data analysis approaches.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively with academic and non-academic stakeholders.
• Possess an open mindset and the ability to learn.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary, multi-institutional, and multicultural environment.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office packages and ICT.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Communication skills in French.
Method of ApplicationTo submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 23 November, 2022