The Internal Control Manager will primarily be responsible for managing and conducting ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations. This position will perform advanced level and/or managerial professional assessment of Internal Controls. Assess the adequacy and extent of controls designed to safeguard organizational assets. Compile and issue reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements.
- Perform annual review of key processes (Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Inventory, Order-to-cash, Procure-to-Pay, Payroll, Pension, Tax, Human Resources and IT).
- Assess the design effectiveness of MPSG’s internal controls.
- Execute and document testing to confirm the operating effectiveness of MPSG’s internal controls.
- Propose constructive and practical improvements in terms of minimizing risks as a result of these walkthroughs/reviews and testing and follow implementation of corrective actions.
- Maintain all internal control documentation in line with the company’s requirements.
- Perform monthly supervisory controls and testing over unbilled revenues and Work-in-Progress balances (critical accounting estimates).
- Perform recurring control activities such as coordinating the review of users’ access rights of financial applications and maintaining grant of authority.
- Coordinate and assist internal and external auditors in their periodic reviews.
- Follow up and support operations on the resolution of Corporate Internal Audit Findings and External Auditors’ Management letter comments.
- Execute, document, and report any ad-hoc audits or investigations as required by Senior Management.
- Coordinating the completion of the annual Risks & Controls and track any required improvement action plans.
- Ensure internal and external benchmarking to ensure internal controls environment continues to reflect key business risks and is “fit for purpose”.
- Constantly review of the effectiveness of internal control design and recommend improvements as warranted.
- Assessing systems and security risks and ensure that operations follow corporate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Support the review, implementation and improvement of key processes, policies and procedures with the responsible managers;
- Handle special projects.
- Adhere to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Certified Internal Control Auditor
- 10+ years of full-time experience in external audit, compliance, and internal controls with a multinational.
- Strong knowledge of risk and controls standards, enterprise risk management and business process best practices.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting and understanding of IFRS.