Internal Communications Associate at Rainforest Alliance
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Rainforest Alliance
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, the Internal Communications Associate liaises with colleagues across the organization to provide internal communication support and advice, communicate news via a range of internal channels, and support the planning and implementation of internal events and activities.
The Internal Communications Associate supports in the delivery of the full internal communications program, varying from writing and editing internal newsletters, managing internal blogs, coordinating with the leadership team around all-staff emails and webinars, to building relationships with colleagues whilst guiding them in the setup of their own internal communication activities including blogs, webinars, and trainings.
Supporting internal campaigns, working on internal events, and identifying opportunities for innovative, engaging communications is part of the core responsibilities. The Internal Communications Associate ensures that all content is accurate, relevant, timely, and in line with our values, tone of voice, and organizational strategy.
As an experienced writer who enjoys working on digital and offline channels, the Internal Communications Associate has a sound understanding of communication best practices and techniques together with insight into how internal communications activities need to integrate with corporate communications.
- Contribute to and implement the internal communications strategy;
- Provide guidance to all colleagues on the manner in which messages and key themes are internally communicated to ensure consistency, clarity, and impact;
- Develop and implement creative internal communication campaigns and internal events which support key business/strategic objectives and an inclusive and positive culture;
- Support in maintenance of Confluence, the Rainforest Alliance’s intranet platform;
- Engage with key internal communications partners including HR for our core values and organizational culture and coordinate with IT to ensure a smooth digital workplace;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communication processes/tools and deliver ongoing improvement;
- Build relationships with colleagues whilst guiding them in the setup of their own internal communication activities; and
- Tailor organizational materials and key messages with key staff members so that they can be used by relevant staff during external events.
- Bachelor in Communications or related field, or combination of education and experience;
- 1 – 3 years of working experience in relevant field;
- Proven ability in development and delivery of effective communications strategies and plans;
- Proven knowledge of the communications landscape, and the role of digital communications in internal communications;
- Experience in events planning and coordination;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Other languages are a plus;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities, and deadlines;
- Strong relationship management skills, proven ability to build relationships with staff across an international organization;
- Understand and be an advocate for the principles of staff engagement;
- Affinity with sustainability;
- Dependability, diplomacy, and ability to work independently;
- Self-motivated, ability to juggle responsibilities, enthusiasm for our work;
- Understanding of working in an international organization, including cultural sensitivities;
- Good team player.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April. 2022