Immunization Officer at World Health Organization
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Health Organization
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Ghana recorded the first cases of COVID-19 on the 12 March 2020 following the declaration of a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) by the World Health Organization (WHO). As of 18 July 2021, the country had recorded 99,974 cases with a case fatality rate of 0.81% (818 deaths). All 16 regions have reported confirmed cases of COVID-19 with the epicenter in the Greater Accra Region. The country instituted an all-of– government approach in response to the pandemic and this hinged on three core objectives of “Tracing, Testing and Treating”. Non-pharmaceutical interventions and large-scale public health and social measures (movement restrictions/lockdowns, physical distancing, hand and respiratory hygiene, use of face masks/coverings) were the mainstay for the control of the pandemic with accelerated global efforts largely coordinated by the WHO to develop safe and efficacious therapeutic agents and vaccines. The global concerted efforts led to the development of vaccines towards the end of 2020 with some receiving emergency use listing (EUL) by WHO. Ghana became the first country to receive vaccines through the COVAX (COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access) facility, which was set up by the WHO, and partners (Gavi, UNICEF and CEPI) to ensure equitable access to vaccines by low and middle-income countries. The country with support from partners has developed a comprehensive vaccine deployment plan with the ultimate target of reaching about 20 million eligible persons with the core objective of attaining herd immunity to interrupt disease transmission. The phased vaccine deployment programme commenced on 01 March 2021 targeting high-risk persons in 43 districts. The programme will be subsequently scaled up to reach all eligible population throughout 2021. WHO has provided support to the country to conduct readiness assessment, planning, implementation and monitoring of the vaccine roll-out. To ensure quality implementation of the vaccine deployment plan, the WHO Country Office seeks to engage the services of a Vaccination Support Officer to provide guidance and support to the Ministry of Health, Ghana Health Service and partners.
Description Of Duties
Under the overall guidance of WHO Representative to Ghana and direct supervision of the Technical Officer EPI and, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
Summary Of Assigned Duties
- Provide technical support and day to day coordination and collaboration with the EPI Programme, partners and other stakeholders related to COVID-19 vaccination, including Adhoc sub-committees and relevant Ministry departments, with a focus on vaccination among most disadvantaged populations and high risks communities
- Participate in monitoring of COVID-19 vaccination roll-out, including field site visits, identifying issues, solutions and priority actions with stakeholders. This includes support to implementation of digital tools and strategies for real-time monitoring.
- Support local level vaccine stock management and supply chain monitoring
- Identify partners for collaboration and support the management local partnerships, such as with NGOs, on vaccine delivery support activities including Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE), monitoring, community feedback, etc
- Provide technical support related to data management, analysis, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for COVID-19 vaccination
- Support and facilitate relevant trainings, orientation, workshops to build capacity of health workers, community members, partners on COVID-19 vaccination, including microplanning, community engagement outreach and monitoring.
- Support and participate in communications and visibility, collecting stories from the field, including human interest stories. 8. Perform any other related duty as assigned by the WR.
- University degree in medicine, epidemiology, health science, or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in immunization related activities
- Proven experience of coordinating and working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in public health, immunisation monitoring, or health information systems,
- Working knowledge of data analysis processes, techniques and tools
- Experience with WHO, UN Agencies or International NGOs
Experience And Skills
- Excellent Communication skills (both written and spoken);
- Excellent knowledge of latest developments in EPI and COVID-19 response
- Ability to work in different environments and multi-task effectively;
- Good presentation and inter-personal skills;
- Sound knowledge of WHO standards and policies
- Knowledge and understanding of the functionality of EPI system at national, sub national, local and community levels of the health systems in Ghana
- Good scientific writing and development of reports
- Experience working successfully in similar position as outlined in the scope of work
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing results
- Fostering integration and team work
- Building and promoting partnerships across the Organization and beyond
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and working knowledge of local language will be an asset.
Grade: NO B
This position will be filled only by a national of Ghana. The incumbent should contribute to ensuring high professional, ethical, and institutional standards of the Organization. Meet professional conduct expectations, and basic universal norms of honesty, integrity, loyalty, and lawful behavior. This includes compliance with the above, including ability to: perform within existing organizational structures and governance; adhere to WHO’s processes; demonstrate gender and cultural sensitivity; demonstrate respectful and constructive interpersonal communication; perform as a team player; and demonstrate due diligence.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date :10 Sept. 2021