Human Resources Business Advisor at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To provide administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry).
In This Role You Will
- Provide administrative support to by ensuring that all documentations are maintained and stored appropriately.
- Assist the Site HR Superintendent to prepare all reports by coordinating reports and ensure that they are delivered on time.
- Support HR Business Partners in the administration of employee benefits, labour relations, grievance handling and process workmen’s compensation documentation.
- Advise supervisors/management of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Support the business partner onboarding process by ensuring compliance to all due processes, setting up of new business partners SAP and preparing inductions.
- Ensures contractor manpower numbers are accurately compiled and in consistency with Newmont standards.
- Coordinate logistics for stakeholder meetings and assist in the implementation of decision from same as delegated by supervisors.
Your Skills, Training & Experience Checklist
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Science, Psychology or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Human Resources generalist experience.
- Experience in using Human Resource tools and systems in SAP and Success factors.
- Experience in Newmont HR systems and processes is preferred.
- Good problem solving, interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly build strong partnerships and influence others.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple tasks concurrently while prioritizing appropriately.
- Must be teamwork oriented and work efficiently within limited time requirements.
- Excellent computer skills with using office software such as Excel, Word and Power Point, SAP.
- Behavioural Attributes:
- Results driven.
- Customer focused.
- Takes initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Position is located at the Akyem site.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th December, 2022