Human Resources Associate at United Nations Development Programme
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana - NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP in Ghana is an agile development partner of choice, that is working and co-creating with partners and communities to accelerate sustainable development. We focus our development interventions on three main programme areas: Governance & Peace Building, Environment and Climate Change, and Inclusive Development.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager, the HR Associate ensures the execution of transparent and efficient HR services in CO. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and supports to the maintenance of high staff morale.
The Human Resources Associate can supervise the clerical and support staff of the HR Unit. The HR Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex HR-related issues and information exchange.
The Human Resources Associate will be under the overall supervision of the Operations Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures, and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework.
- CO HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff.
- Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations.
Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job descriptions, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels.
- Create/Update of positions in ATLAS/UNall, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator, and Absence Processor in ATLAS. Preparation of contracts (SCs) and recurring Pos in ATLAS. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues.
- Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits. Earning/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments, and separations through ATLAS/UNall
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table
- Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to the Local Staff
- Validation of cost recovery charges in ATLAS for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
Ensure proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of background information and maintenance of the related data acting as Secretary of TMRG.
- Participation in preparation of Whole Office Learning Plan and individual learning plans in consultation with Senior Management and Learning Manager.
Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship, and place to place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organizations of trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR issues.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in HR or University Degree in HR, Business or Public Administration will be duly considered, but it is not required.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum 6 years (Secondary Education) or 3 years (Bachelor’s Degree) of progressively responsible in HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc)
- Experience in handling web-based management/ERP systems
- Experience with SOPs under Human Resources context
- Prior experience with UNDP/UN agencies or other international organizations will be an asset.
- Proficiency in oral and written English and national language of the duty station.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
HR – People strategy and planning – Job design
- Ability to design job roles to meet specific organizational objectives
HR – Talent acquisition-Talent sourcing and outreach
- Knowledge of and ability to develop and implement strategies, mechanisms and platforms to ensure the effective outreach to the relevant segments of the labor market, active and passive candidates internally and externally
HR – Recruitment-Recruitment design and management
- Knowledge of, ability to design and manage end to end recruitment processes
HR – Recruitment-Assessment and selection
- Knowledge and ability to apply various candidate assessment and selection methodologies, tools and platforms; ability to effectively align them with specific recruitment needs
HR – Learning and development L&D planning
- Ability to identify organizational learning priorities aligned with the business strategy using key stakeholder involvement to ensure appropriate learning and optimal return-on-investment
HR – Compensation/remuneration Payroll management
- Knowledge of and ability to apply mechanisms and tools to collect payroll data, process payroll, and manage payroll reports
HR- Talent management-Performance management
- Knowledge of and ability to guide the application of performance management theory, systems and tools, incl. articulation of expectations
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23rd May. 2022