Human Resources Associate at Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The post is located in the Regional Office for Africa in Accra, Ghana.
The Human Resources Associate undertakes high level and specialized human resources support activities. He/she coordinates the human resources support work of the unit and ensures quality, transparency and consistency of functions and processes. The job role requires in-depth knowledge and interpretation of human resources policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in and outside the work unit.
The Human Resources Associate reports to the Regional Human Resources Officer in RAF. Work is performed autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative, judgment, and liability. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery and on meeting client requirements. The incumbent effectively organizes and supervises other human resources support staff and provides relevant guidance and training.
The Human Resources Associate maintains a wide range of contacts with managers and staff within and outside the Organization. He/she works closely with colleagues at a senior level in the human resources team in the handling of specialized processes and the provision of experienced human resources support.
- Provide and coordinate the delivery of comprehensive human resources support services; ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations as well as transparency and consistency of transactions and procedures;
- Coordinate a wide range of personnel actions including appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.; process requests and provide advice on entitlements; review, maintain and update confidential personnel information records and files in the area of responsibility;
- Provide briefing and debriefing to staff members including answering queries on benefits and entitlements and personnel-related procedures;
- Handle non-routine and complex cases; undertake research and analysis of entitlements and employment conditions and draft correspondence for Human Resources Officers;
- Coordinate support to the recruitment process of all categories of staff and non-staff including advising managers on the preparation of vacancy announcements; coordinate interview arrangements with departments and applicants and prepare offers/terms of employment;
- Provide assistance to managers in the preparation of job profiles; provide advice on proposed changes to post functions; collect background information on post management and update organization charts and staffing tables;
- Research, compile and analyze information and statistics related to posts and staff; prepare briefs, reports or topical papers on trends and support management in control of the staffing function; monitor and verify post management records;
- Assist in drafting of human resources policy papers and in the development and delivery of a range of staff development and training programs;
- Supervise, train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit;
- Recommend improvements to human resources systems and processes;
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work affects the efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy and timeliness of the human resources services provided by the work unit. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the human resources support services for the successful achievement of the Division/Office’s mandate.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th July. 2022