Human Resources Assistant at World Health Organization
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Health Organization
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.Description Of DutiesThe incumbent will work under the overall supervision of the WHO Country Representative and the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Officer in the WHO Country Office. The incumbent performs the following functions:Perform the administration and operational requirements of all selection and recruitment formalities for fixed and short-term staff in the professional and general services categories including drafting vacancy notices; advise and assist technical staff in the preparation of submissions for selection for approval; ensure all arrangements for interviewing and testing of prospective staff are made appropriately; and oversee the recruitment process and selections process;Carryout pre -recruitment and onboarding formalities in timely manner and in according with rules and regulations;Review post descriptions for new, vacant, or revised positions against existing post descriptions; identifies changes to the post descriptions, bringing major changes to the attention of the HR Officer. Review requests for reclassification of General Service posts by preparing background documentation for action by the HR Officer;Act as focal point for Staff Development and Learning activities and programs i.e. initiation and coordination of trainings, orientations, briefings of staff members in WCO, Ghana including MCAT;Update information on all staff members, types of contracts and locations on monthly basis to ensure accuracy of information; Timely initiate HRAPs for reassignments/redeployments/terminations and extensions of short-term and fixed term appointments at least 3 months before the expiry date ensuring that performance evaluation reports for staff are concluded and medical clearances are received timely; Manage issuance of administrative documents i.e. ID Cards. Assist all staff to complete BSTF and ASITF training, update of staff list at the UN Dispensary; Perform any other related duties/responsibilities as required.Required QualificationsEducationEssential: Completion of secondary school certificate with technical or commercial training in human resources.Desirable: A relevant higher education in Administration and/or HR or Training in UN/HR systems is an advantage.ExperienceEssential: At least 10 years of experience in Human Resources work.Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN Agencies and/or NGOs is an advantageSkillsAbility to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures especially regarding recruitments Computer literacy especially proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel supplemented by GSM and reporting writing skills. Ability to develop and maintain good relations with people of different nationalities at various levels.WHO CompetenciesTeamworkRespecting and promoting individual and cultural differencesCommunicationProducing resultsMoving forward in a changing environmentUse of Language SkillsEssential: Expert knowledge of English.DesirableREMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at GHS 151,672 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.Additional Information
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th October, 2022