Human Resources Assistant at Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The position is located in the Regional Office for Africa (RAF) in Accra, Ghana.
The Human Resources Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of human resources support functions. He/she ensures quality, transparency and consistency of data and processes within his/her area of responsibility and contributes to the smooth functioning of human resources operations.
The Human Resources Assistant reports to the Regional Human Resources Officer in RAF and may receive guidance from a Human Resources Officer or/and Associate. The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities, exercise initiative for dealing with cases without precedents and finds solution to problems after discussion with supervisor. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs, in particular the meeting of timelines and the quality of advice given to clients. The incumbent provides guidance and advice to other human resources support staff.
The Human Resources Assistant works closely with colleagues in the HR team and with managers and staff in client offices, providing and coordinating experienced human resources support.
- Analyse, answer and follow-up on a variety of complex human resources requests and enquiries from staff and non-staff; provide guidance on relevant human resources guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinate support services related to the employment and servicing of staff and non staff; initiate a range of personnel actions such as appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.
- Conduct preliminary review of staffing action requests for post classification in accordance with established job classification standards.
- Support the briefing and de-briefing of staff; provide information as to staff entitlements and specificities of contracts.
- Coordinate the recruitment process of all categories of staff and non-staff, including the preparation of job profiles and vacancy announcements; communicate with applicants and prepare offers/terms of employment.
- Collect and research background information; update organization charts and staffing tables; draft correspondence, reports and statistics related to all human resources functions, as appropriate.
- Review, maintain and update confidential personnel information, records and files; ensure completeness and accuracy of records and that follow-up system on actions are taken.
- Investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; prepare payment instructions.
- Train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit.
- Perform other duties as required.
Impact of Work
The incumbent’s work directly impacts on the smooth operations and the quality of overall output of the work unit. He/she plays a lead role in the provision of human resources support services for successful achievement of the organizational unit’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Four years of relevant experience in administrative and human resources support work.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Very good knowledge of the essential elements of human resources activities and transactions, including corporate policies, rules and procedures.
- Very good knowledge of relevant corporate computerized administrative systems.
- Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of French
- Very Good knowledge of staff rules and regulations, HR policies and procedures of the UN Common System.
- HR data analysis and reporting experience.
- Very good knowledge of ERP HR applications (i.e. Oracle, SAP).
- Experience in a multicultural and a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to do things very carefully, with great attention to detail and take proactive follow-up actions to achieve team objectives.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2023