Heavy Mining Equipment at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: AngloGold Ashanti Jobs in Ghana - Engineering Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Manager – HME Mining
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To support the Senior Manager – Mining in ensuring that the maintenance of the fleet of earthmoving equipment, ancillary equipment and light vehicles are maintained effectively for production purposes. Also, to provide leadership and co-ordinate the activities of the team to maximize uptime and reliability.
- Manage refurbishment installation contractor and an AGA maintenance workforce to deliver works that meet cost, schedule, and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
- Implement the approved organizational structure required to deliver the project targets and future operational requirements.
- Support the development and implementation of systems for the HME Engineering and Mining departments to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
- Implement corporate programs, e.g., asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc., across areas of control.
- Monitor the supply, availability and condition of parts, inventory, general and specific consumables, and notable equipment required to provide assured sustainable operation of the mining operation.
- Prepare the HME departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy
- Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks to the Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks
- Provide input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Maintenance Engineering, or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- 8-10 years of proven experience in Engineering with at least (5) years at the senior supervisory level within the HME Engineering related field. Open pit or underground HME experience will be preferred
- A track record of high performance and delivery
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC).
- Engineering Managers Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana will be an added advantage
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Must posses very strong human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
- A Registered Professional Engineer or eligible to register with an AGA recognised Professional Institute, Association, Organisation or Body.
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module advantage
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and proficiency in driving light vehicle
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th April. 2022