Health & Safety Coordinator at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- To aid in the successful delivery of the project execution plan, the implementation and oversight of the Project Health and Safety policies, programs and initiatives relating to the Integrated Health and Safety Management system.
In This Role You Will:
Health & Safety Standard , Procedural and Program Development
- Facilitate the development and review of Health and Safety standards and procedures, in accordance with site, Newmont and local Ghanaian regulations and legislation.
- Work with the project management team to design, develop and administer Newmont programs that link to the current Health and Safety strategy to protect employees from work hazards and prevent incidents/accidents.
- Facilitate and promote the adoption of new Health and Safety programs and practices.
Health & Safety Project Execution
- Participate actively to ensure the successful delivery of the project execution plan.
- Facilitate inspections to verify that Health and Safety requirements and governmental legislation is being followed at all times.
- Coordinate Health and Safety (H&S) investigations process, including complaints, serious harm, incidents and accidents.
- Write detailed reports documenting the findings of the Health and Safety investigations.
- Support with H&S audits, risk assessments, reviews and inspections.
- Provide Health and Safety technical guidance to the project management team, when necessary.
- Act in the capacity of a team leader for task forces and teams when required.
- Partner with Project Managers, Contractors, Health and Safety Committee members and government inspectors to optimize the on-site safety programs and systems.
- Facilitate post-activity reviews to verify the implementation and effectiveness of established controls.
Health & Safety Reporting, Compliance and Continuous Improvement
- Participate and facilitate event investigations to discover root causes and identify the appropriate corrective actions to be taken.
- Identify potentially hazardous situations and report to the work group management for immediate action and correction, if you are unable to deal with it on your own.
- Maintain and report on Health & Safety records and statistics.
- Monitor lead (preventative) and lag (post-review) Health and Safety indicators.
- Evaluate the completion and compliance against the Project Fatigue Management action plan by analyzing and evaluating data emerging from leading and lagging indicators.
- Suggest improvements to correct any deviations from planned leading and lagging indicator targets.
- Participate in the development of the Project Fatality Risk Management dashboard and provide necessary updates in order to reflect on current trends.
- Review external Health and Safety reports within the contractor areas that need improvement and implement measures to minimize the occurrence of unfavorable events.
Health and Safety Stakeholder Management, Communication and Capacity Development
- Assist line management regarding Health and Safety hazard identification exercises, risk management processes, safety rules, regulations and trends.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science and/or Health and Safety discipline.
- Minerals Commission of Ghana (MINCOM) Health and Safety certifications.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant local Health and Safety legislative requirements.
- Sound knowledge and experience of risk management processes.
- Additional auditing qualification is desirable.
- Previous investigation training and skills are desirable.
- A Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ working experience as a Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Health and Safety experience working in a construction environment is beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Sound conflict management skills.
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
- Sound planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Goal oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Results driven.
- Attention to detail.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th Jan. 2022