Health Information Exchange Specialist at Systems for Development (S4D)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Systems for Development (S4D)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
To improve the distribution and management of pharmaceutical commodities in the Ghana public health supply chain, it is necessary to implement a Health Information Exchange (HIE) platform that enables the interoperability of all systems within the supply chain management ecosystem. This includes facilitating the exchange of data, standardization of products and site naming, creating product and site registries, and enabling analytical capabilities to assist the Ghana Ministry of Health in commodity planning, management, and decision-making. The goal is to provide the necessary technical support to ensure that all systems in the Ghana public health supply chain ecosystem can communicate with each other, provide end-to-end supply chain visibility, and improve commodity management.
Systems for Development, a US-based leading consultancy firm focused on transforming organizational performance through sustainable information and communication technology, seeks a Health Information Exchange (HIE) Platform Specialist on the Ghana public health supply chain HIE project.
The Health Information Exchange (HIE) Platform Specialist will have the responsibility of overseeing and managing the implementation, maintenance, and optimization of Ghana MoH HIE systems that support public health supply chain management. The Specialist will lead the design and implementation of the HIE platform to ensure alignment with Ghana MoH public health supply chain goals and objectives. Collaborating with key stakeholders from MoH and its agencies, and technology vendors, the Specialist will establish seamless data exchange processes and ensure compliance with relevant interoperability standards, such as HL7, FHIR, and other industry-specific standards. Furthermore, the Specialist will develop and implement strategies to enhance interoperability among various supply chain management systems while identifying HIE adoption levers, barriers, and success factors.
The Specialist will also be responsible for leading the translation of business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses. They should have a sound understanding of the architecture, design, and development of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. The HIE Specialist will be responsible for visualizing and designing an MoH/GHS enterprise HIE framework that describes the processes used to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge all Ghana MoH supply chain data. Moreover, the Specialist will lead the development of integrated designs to meet HIE requirements and align with the MoH/GHS enterprise strategy and related business architecture as guided by the OpenHIE framework.
Job Title: Health Information Exchange Specialist
Job Location: Accra
Company Name: Systems for Development (S4D)
• Provides HIE subject matter expertise and leads the design of the platform.
• Lead the development of Ghana MoH/GHS public health supply chain HIE platform.
• Identifying HIE adoption levers, barriers, and success factors.
• Establish and implement Ghana public health HIE user adoption, change management and facility onboarding plans, processes, methodologies, and capabilities.
• Lead the translation of business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses.
• Define the data HIE framework, standards, and principles, including modeling, metadata, security, reference data such as product codes and facility categories, and master data such as sites, vendors, materials, and employees.
• Define HIE adoption metrics (number of users, number of times HIE is launched, data volumes, etc.).
• Identify leading practices for the adoption of HIEs.
• Architect, build, test, and validate integration and EDI solutions and ancillary applications including complex HIE and integration solutions.
• Support the development and implementation of the adoption framework for all end users and key stakeholders.
• Assist with providing technical architecture guidance across the engineering lifecycle (analyze, design, build, test, deploy and support).
• Participate and assist in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities.
• Assist in the development of detailed designs, data flow diagrams, and everything in between.
• Responsible for effectively managing the HIE connectivity components including the exchange portal and the data interfaces with the various systems.
• Troubleshoots connectivity and interface issues and coordinates the correction of those issues.
• Coordinate with MoH and GHS technical teams in defining application requirements and resolving project issues.
• Generate a list of components needed to build the designed system.
Qualification Required & Experience
Desired Skills, Qualification Required and Experience:
• Minimum Masters’ degree (preferred in IT, System Architecture).
• Working understanding of Health Information Exchange (HIE) and Electronic Health/Medical Record (EMR/EHR) concepts and practice management/electronic health record interfaces to external systems.
• Knowledge of HIE interfaces, standards, and functionality.
• Knowledge of SQL and SQL Query Technologies.
• Knowledge of Database Structures.
• Knowledge of Healthcare Data and Technologies (HL7, CCD, FHIR and others).
• Knowledge of Health Information Mediator.
• 3+ years’ experience managing Health Information Technology Activities.
• Demonstrated progressive project management experience leading projects requiring an end-to-end Interoperability workflow perspective, effectively managing more than one project, and working independently as well as in a team situation meeting aggressive deadlines.
• Have a solid understanding of the cloud, databases, and the applications and programs used by those databases.
• Understands data modeling, including conceptualization and database optimization.
• Minimum 4 years of professional experience, preferably in consulting or at high-tech companies.
• Strong passion for the following topics – Advanced Data Analytics, System Architecture Data Quality Management.
• Understanding Supply Chain Control Towers.
• Strong knowledge of Visibility and Analytics Networks.
• Ability to develop strategies for data management and data production and use.
• Practical knowledge of tools, and architecture frameworks including TOGAF, Zachman and Open HIE.
• Strong knowledge of technology trends across IT and digital and how they can be applied to companies to address real world problems and opportunities.
• Team oriented and collaborative working style, both with clients and those within the organization.
• Growth mindset, positive attitudeand strong interest to solve client challenges, adapt to a changing work environment and deal with new issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Method of ApplicationTo apply, kindly submit your application to:
[email protected] No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Closing Date: 21 January, 2024
Notice: Be available to start work immediately.