Head of Success Centre at Webster University
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Webster University
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Head of Success Center will report to the Academic Director to promote and enhance academic and career development for all students at Webster Ghana. The individual will be responsible for leading a small team to develop and organize learning communities and freshman programs to support students achieve academic success.
Key responsibilities include;
- supervise and train student academic coaches to develop and maintain student success initiatives by using advising tools and instructional technology to establish a positive working relationship with students;
- oversee the operations of the student retention and progression plan by ensuring effective academic coaching and support services to meet specific student needs via one-on-one tutoring, group sessions, and workshops;
- work closely with the Library team to develop and coordinate academic support workshops for students;
- lead student orientations and the SOARs program;
- monitor and maintain data on the progression and retention of students to support decisions on supporting initiatives for students;
- coordinate the Internship-for-credit program by ensuring student internship placements in the workplace;
- maintain positive relationship with existing corporate partners for internship and build new ones;
- coordinate the professional development workshops to prepare students for internships;
- lead the organization of the Webster Ghana Career Fair once every academic year;
- participate in Academic Committee and university meetings to identify students at risk, celebrate excelling students and stay current on student’s needs;
- collaborate with faculty, staff, and students to develop programs, services or opportunities to meet the diverse and changing needs of students;
- actively participate in university community activities such as alumni engagements, commencement etc.
Required qualification and skills;
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least a Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- At least three (3) years’ experience in university related directly to teaching and/or academic counseling experience
- Experience working with students with diverse backgrounds/life experiences
- French proficiency (written and speaking)
- Training, facilitation and counselling skills
- Knowledge of various levels of education including high school, four-year colleges, and universities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff, faculty, students and other stakeholders of the University.
- Ability to represent Webster University Ghana Campus at events and build relationships with other educational institutions.
Mode of Application: Interested candidates should send their CV with 3 references and a cover letter
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV - Click Here to Continue and Apply
Closing Date : 18th April. 2022