Head of Sales (ODS) at Jumia Group
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Jumia Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Your main responsibilities will be to grow and lead the Jumia Food On demand business in the market through operational and strategic actions. You will directly manage the commercial team and oversee the day to day operations and running of the business as well as oversee key vendor relationships, drive sales and execute marketing campaigns across all business models under Jumia Food.
What you will do
- Drive overall top line and profitability development with eventual P&L ownership based on performance
- Recruit & Manage the team and ensure your team is efficient. Build, manage, and coach the functional teams. This will include managing the hiring and firing process and working closely with HR teams
- Create an unparalleled environment for your team’s development and happiness
- Define and drive action plans to create strong relationships with local stakeholders.
- Directly manage partner relationships and execute smart partnerships as well as oversee negotiation to execution
- Managing contract negotiations with key partners and restaurants to drive sales and order volumes
- Use analysis in marketing and be able to make customer acquisition decisions based on data
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
- Ensure compliance across all service lines and work closely with Finance and Legal departments
- Ensure regular reporting of your actions and results
- Deliver measurable results linked to the projects you oversee to grow top line as well as bottom line.
- Represent Jumia Food in PR and other commercial events
- Building a very friendly user interface for our vendors and our customers by being deeply involved in all our Tech developments and sharing feedback with the relevant product teams
- Work with other functional heads to help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices. Scale Jumia Food and relevant business lines to other cities
- Drive relevant and value creating strategic partnerships and alliances for each of the Jumia Food service lines as well as restaurant partners.
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the food delivery ecosystem
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years of experience across managing commercial teams or large projects, business management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development, running your own business.
- Effective project management – experience delivering on a multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Strong entrepreneurial and interpersonal skills
- Strong management & leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and networking skills
- Strong leadership and ability to work across functions of the business Drive expansion of the business across cities in the country
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships to grow the top line of the business
- Impeccable communication skills
- Ability to negotiate in flawless English
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Capacity to challenge and improve processes
- Ability to adapt with humility and resilience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- A passion for Jumia Food and the Ecommerce industry
- Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- Additional languages is a bonus
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th April. 2022