Head of Programmes, Campaigns, and Innovations at ActionAid Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: ActionAid Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Position: Head of Programmes, Campaigns, and Innovations
Salary Level: This role is on SM5 of ActionAid Ghana’s Salary Structure.
Location of role: Greater Accra Region.
• The main purpose of this position is to lead on AAG strategy development and provide strategic leadership and technical support for the implementation of the Country Strategy Paper (CSP) at the programme level to promote high-quality programming, innovations, research and policy advocacy, campaigns, monitoring and evaluation, learning & knowledge management rooted in AAG’s mission priorities to ensure that results are achieved in relation to ActionAid’s goals of ending poverty and injustice.
• Lead in AAG’s strategy development and strategic planning and management processes.
• Co-ordinate Regional Programmes to ensure programmes quality desired impact
• Co-ordinate Regional Programmes to ensure they develop and regularly review regional strategic plans aligned to the country strategy paper (CSP)
• Participate in communicating, and monitoring of AAG’s vision, values goals and strategic objectives.
• Advise and support the Country Director to manage the governance structures and processes to enhance the smooth running of the organisation
• Acts a secretary to the Programmes committee of the Board
• Attends Board and General Assembly Meetings, presents reports to and provides technical support to the Board and Assembly in areas of expertise.
• Ensure activities meet the organisation’s mission priorities.
• Share information and analysis on issues relevant to national and international mission priorities and key result areas
• Programme coordination and implementation in line with approved annual plans and budget
• Management of programme performance and strategic direction including programme entry and exit
• Drive forward programme innovations, collation and sharing of best practice both nationally –across regions and internationally-between Ghana and
• Drive forward digital innovation in programme development and delivery.
• Organise capacity building trainings and accompaniments to staff on innovations, best practices and relevant learnings within the Affiliate and
Federation Facilitate the development and implementation of Programme Frameworks on AAG’s innovative concepts
• Promote programme monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning sharing
Advocacy and campaigns functions
• Lead policy analysis, research, advocacy and campaigns on both national and international single signature campaigns including topical issues
• Represent the organisation at national and international advocacy and campaigns platforms/debates
• Be the main spokesperson of the organisation at all levels on programme, advocacy and campaign issues
• Ensure all campaign signatures are rooted and linked at all level -regional, national and international levels
Working with people’s organisations and social movements
• Lead the development, nurturing and strengthening of people’s organisations and social movements for the delivery of programme and campaigns priorities
• Facilitate partner identification, appraisal and capacity building for programme and project delivery
• Support to strengthen working relationships with NGO and CSO networks and build effective alliances to promote AAG’s advocacy and campaigns priorities
• Ensure that local campaigns undertaken by regions and at the national level are well conceptualised.
• Establish strong and constructive relationships with national and sub-regional policy makers to promote ActionAid’s advocacy and campaign priorities and alternatives
• Ensure that safeguarding policies are integrated in all our relationship with peers, CSOs, NGOs, people’s organisations and social movements.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least Second Degree in related field + 10 years relevant experience in the development sector
of which 5 must be at a senior management position.
• Membership of a relevant professional institute.
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• HRBA programming
• Advocacy and campaign
• Ability to develop strategies and framework
• Ability to monitor and evaluate programmes
• Fundraising and lobbying skills
• Project management skills
• Abreast with development theories and practice
• Abreast with national development strategies and frameworks
MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Leadership; visionary; coaching; group leadership; delegation; planning and organization; management control; customer orientation; entrepreneurship;
market orientation; self-directed; networking; problem analysis; results orientation; quality orientation; judgment; organizational sensitivity; extra-
organizational awareness; learning ability; self-motivated; oral communication; oral presentation; written communication; active listening skills; sensitivity; persuasiveness; impact; sociability; stress tolerance, influencing / negotiating, hardworking, able to work under pressure.
PERSONALITY (State core personal attributes required for successful execution of the job)
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural, Gender sensitivity, Child sensitivity.
• Integrity, Good communication skills, Tolerance, Interpersonal, Negotiation skills, Teamwork, Confidentiality, Creativity, Adaptability, Independence,
Tenacity, behavioural flexibility, Initiative, Ambition, Discipline, Organizational loyalty
• This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
Location: Greater Accra Region
How to Apply For the Job
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
Closing Date: 21 September, 2022
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”