Head, Productivity at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
Newmont is currently recruiting for the Head, Productivity, Africa. The selected incumbent will integrate and drive leading practice in operational execution and technical performance to achieve maximum productivity across assets (including Functions) within a business unit.
Your role will consist of
- Provide strategic direction to and manage the coordination, development and quality control of operating and capital planning/forecasting activities for the business unit to ensure short and medium-term production, improvement and fiscal goals are achieved.
- Custodian for Operations Planning in the business unit. This includes involvement in plan development, alignment with Technical Services and Operational managers at site and sign off of assumptions (including site productivity assumptions) and final plan. Operations Planning incorporate full asset mine plan, asset management plans as well as capital plans.
- Leverage Newmont s existing key performance metric systems to conduct ongoing analysis of operation performance to monitor productivity, identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, and drive improvement. This role will also be accountable for prioritizing the areas of focus for improvement.
- Work with asset leadership to conduct reconciliations / lessons learned when execution does not go to plan. Share relevant lessons learned with broader organization.
- Develop an integrated business unit performance scenario to guide prioritization and decision making.
- This role will also work closely with Studies, Innovation, and Information Technology. Regarding technology, this role into the operational technology journey so as to keep this away from sites until trials or implementation are required.
Coordinate with site GMs and their teams (and other cross-functional teams, as required) to:
- Translate strategic direction into operational objectives and actions.
- Build risk mitigation and opportunity realization strategies to drive plan reliability and improvement.
- Provide analytical solutions, value assurance review and project management in support of capital project study and delivery.
- Support sites to adhere to technical and operational standards and regulations.
Prioritize and co-ordinate Technical Services expertise (including, but not limited to, Asset Management, Mineral Resource Management, Tailings, Mine Modernization) in a timely manner to deliver services and solutions to the most complex or highest priority technical challenges in the business unit. This role is effectively the point of contact who co-ordinates with the GMs and MD.
Drive and support Global Transformations in the Operational and Technical Space:
- Further evolution and reliance on Operational Support Networks
- Full Potential (including resources centralization or decentralization)
- Mine Modernisation and decarbonisation
- Global Planning Framework
- CAT V0
Drive, promote and motivate day to day collaboration, sharing and replication of leading practice across the Newmont in order to deliver improvements in terms of safety, cost, and production.
Your role will consist of (continued)
Safety & Sustainability
Supports the integration for Corporate and business unit Safety,, Health and Sustainability programs by being a key influencer with the General Manager and asset leaders. The aim is to connect H&S improvement with productivity work and to ensure the business unit and assets deliver on plans in a safe and sustainable way.
Actively Drive And Support Newmont’s
- Fatality Risk Management Program.
- Workplace Responsibility Initiatives.
- Cyanide Management and Pathway to Zero Spills Program.
- Enables a sense of belonging and create a positive and collaborative work environment where diverse perspectives are valued. Encourage collaboration, leverage team members’ strengths, and promote a collective sense of achievement.
- Develop and coach direct reports, Operational Managers, General Managers and asset leaders by providing constructive feedback, offer guidance and create opportunities for growth and development.
- Develop strong and trusting relationships built with asset General Managers and Operational Manager within their Business unit to be able to effectively influence and challenge as appropriate.
- Actively assists the business unit leadership team (BULT) to build, maintain and replenish the requisite skills, capabilities, mindset and behaviors required to successfully execute technical plans within the business unit at a sustained high level of performance.
- Be a highly visible, engaged and felt leader in field during site visits to coach asset leaders in 3 main areas namely:
- Implementing and maintaining industry leading workplace conditions.
- Implementation of FRM controls.
- Rapid replication of leading practices.
- Participate in Business unit Talent Planning and Assessments.
- Budgeting, forecasting and reporting financial metrics
- Be an accountable member of the business unit Investment Council. Must support the approvals process for capital purchases and ensuring necessary hurdle rates, performance criteria and budget requirements are met.
- Work with and help to ensure finance team analyzes financial data, monitor key financial performance indicators, develop critical insights and trends and make data-driven decisions to optimize productivity and commercial performance and resource allocation.
- Assist with reviewing and developing short (up to 2 years) and medium term (2-5 years) forecasts.
- The planning, management and oversight of sustaining capital performance and spend is a key output of this role.
- Engage strongly with Supply Chain to ensure strategic partnerships are robust and supported, and ensure operations agree with key assumptions and operating metrics being agreed to in contract negotiations with suppliers.
Your Training Skills And Experience Checklist
- Degree in Engineering, preferably to extractive industry.
- Experienced operational leader in mining industry and have had experience as Operational General Manager.
- Key value drivers in full mine to market value chain and interdependence of key levers.
- Innovative and existing technologies and impact on operational performance.
- Deep understanding of cultural diversity.
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Fundamentals of Project Management.
- Fundamentals of Business Improvement / Lean Management
- Advanced proficiency in developing and implementing integrated operational solutions across the value chain.
- Advanced proficiency in undertaking impact analysis that considers safety and sustainability alongside production impacts.
- Advanced proficiency in developing business case for improving /changing, quantifying value and addressing stakeholder requirements.
- Advanced proficiency in interpretation of benchmarks and data analysis for decision making.
- Advanced proficiency in managing through continuous transformation and change.
- Proficient in contract management
- Ability to work in different country and cultural settings including language other than English if appropriate.
- Will consider rotational expat for this opportunity
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected] .
Newmont strongly encourages all applicants to be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine as Newmont considers vaccination to be a vital tool in the fight against the pandemic. Proof of vaccination is required for entry to certain Newmont locations and for business travel, unless an exemption is required by law. Newmont may update its vaccination policies/requirements at any time in its sole discretion.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th Jan, 2024