Head General Accounting at AirtelTigo
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AirtelTigo
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
• Work closely with the Credit Control function to ensure that receivable balances are maintained within acceptable Limits.
• Responsible for the recognition of doubtful debts provisions at each month end. â?¢ Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
• Produce accurate and timely reports as requested and scheduled which provides clear visibility into the performance of various receivable streams.
• Maintain fully reconciled roaming and interconnect receivable balances with the roaming & interconnect clearing houses.
• Generate and review various GL reports including cash collection reports, aging reports, advances not yet utilized, and employee balance reconciliations and provide the same to higher management with explanations for variances.
• Perform sub ledger reconciliations with general ledger and minimize unreconciled balances to the level of zero.
• Champion the implementation of all business controls specific to the enterprise business.
• Support the working capital management of the business by providing clear timely reports into on receivable trends.
• Work closely with IT, Revenue Assurance and Revenue Reporting Team to ensure accurate booking of cost and revenue in respect of interconnect, roaming and Fixed services for month-end financial reporting.
• Closely engage with Revenue Assurance and Interconnect Partners to ensure proper dispute management.
• Provide early warning signs for finance by generating weekly reports clearly highlighting bad debt exposure.
• Ensure daily bank reconciliations and resolution of all open issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelors’ Degree in Economics or a Business-related field.
• ACCA, CIMA or ICAG (Final Level).
• 4-6 years’ work experience in a similar role.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Detailed understanding of billing systems from a financial perspective.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Detailed knowledge in IFRS especially in the areas of revenue and financial instruments.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Expert Knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft products.
• Takes ownership, responsibility, and accountability.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 23 February, 2023
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are, Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.