Head of Brands at Jumia Group
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Jumia Group
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Head of Brands, you will have the end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of all the major brands being managed by the Commercial team; your role is to ensure the assigned Brand Managers bring in the relevant assortment, design targeted promotions, and manage partners including vendors and brands.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of holistic long term and annual brand management plans/strategies/budgets that bring brands’ visions to life.
- Develop, inform and deliver a roadmap that supports business goals in terms of brands management and activation.
- Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
- Develop and maintain highly productive and close-coordination roles with other Commercial teams and cross functionally with Marketing, Jumia Services, Operations etc. to deliver results, to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
- Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure best quality and costs.
- Supervise the various Brand Managers ensuring continuous growth of our existing business by owning pricing and promotions strategies, working with marketing teams to improve products content and visibility.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised and accredited University.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant senior professional experience within an e-commerce, Online Marketplace, retail merchandising or large category management role.
- Experience of scaling up new businesses.
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, team management, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th April. 2022