GSS Mud Logging Analyst at Schlumberger
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Schlumberger
- Location: Ghana
- State: Takoradi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Mud Logging Analyst is charged with the management of, and is accountable for, the creation of the formation evaluation logs. These logs are created from the analysis and interpretation of the drilled cuttings at the well site to determine rock type and hydrocarbon presence, as well as presence of other potentially harmful gases.
The Mud Logging Analyst monitors all the well parameters, maintains Geoservices sensors to detect the well conditions and maintains the gas detection equipment to analyze the hydrocarbon gases and ensure safety by detection of other potentially harmful gases.
The Mud Logging Analyst is the entry level position and is seen as a key development position for the employee to be trained and developed towards a position of higher responsibility and accountability in the Geoservices career path.
- Ensures the integrity of the samples collected; analyzes, interprets and reports in the End of Well Report and enters within the formation evaluation log all information relating to the cutting samples, and informs the Client representatives.
- Is responsible for communicating to the Client representatives any information regarding primary well control and well integrity during well site operations as deducted from the data.
- Primary responsible for maintaining and analyzing the volume balance sheet during well site operations.
- Exercises his/her discretion and independent judgment to alert the Data Analyst of any discrepancies in the formation evaluation or gases analysis observed.
- Is a key person involved in the detection and monitoring of potential well control situations
- Ensures the design of an accurate and comprehensive formation evaluation log according to the Client’s format.
- Is aware of, and respects all safety regulations and procedures, as specified by the Client, Drilling Operator, Geoservices or relevant safety authorities.
- Uses his/her experience and judgment to improve the service quality delivery and communicates to the Data Analyst all improvement opportunities.
- Interacts with other service companies’ personnel and Client representatives at the well site, ensuring the prevention of events that may give rise to the wellbore insecurity.
- Provides technical advice and assistance in core recovery and core description.
- Shares with other well site personnel the responsibility for rigging up and rigging down the mud logging equipment.
- Keeps the confidentiality of the Client’s well data.
- Manages and provides support, coaching and guidance to Sample Catchers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- University Degree (bachelor of Sciences as a minimum) in Geology, Geological Applied Sciences, Earth Sciences or Applied Sciences.
- Recent graduate not more than 2 years post-graduation experience
- Excellent working knowledge of English is mandatory
Location : Takoradi, Ghana
Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world. As a leading employer in our industry, Schlumberger is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th November, 2022