Grants Officer – MATE MASIE Project at Winrock International
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Winrock International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Background: Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. Winrock is implementing the four-year, Making Advances to Eliminate Child Labor in More Areas with Sustainable Integrated Efforts (MATE MASIE) project. The project is funded by the United States Department of Labor (USDOL) and will strengthen capacity, connections, and accountability across child labor enforcement and monitoring within cocoa cooperatives in Ghana and will build the capacity of cooperatives to support vulnerable member households directly and by linking their members with other service providers.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Grants Officer will oversee the grants component of the MATE MASIE project, monitoring performance and compliance of all project grantees (selected cocoa cooperatives). S/he will also oversee the grant selection process, negotiate agreements, perform spot checks/site visits for assurance, and oversee the implementation of capacity strengthening plans for grants under award recipients. S/he will support the need identification and provision of capacity strengthening to grantees. This position will report to the Finance and Administration Officer.
This is a local/national position and is not eligible for international allowances.
Detailed Description of Duties:
- With support from Winrock’s awards management team, implement tools and processes associated with Winrock’s grant electronic monitoring system.
- Coordinate with the MATE MASIE Capacity Building Specialist (CBS) in organizing grantees’ opening meetings, sub-award review meetings, and sub-award close-out meetings.
- Work with the CBS on the vetting process to collect and verify information on grantees (cocoa cooperatives) as part of the grant award process.
- Jointly work with CBS in drafting sub-award agreements and populating standard inputs such as partner information, reporting frequency, and annexes of partnership agreements.
- Monitor grantees to ensure compliance with USDOL and Winrock regulations, including Winrock grants manual, and grant terms and conditions
- Ensure cocoa cooperative have the necessary operational structure to implement the grants in accordance with Winrock and USDOL policies
- Provide technical, administrative, and logistical support to the project team and co-ops for efficient and effective implementation of the grants.
- Conduct training with potential grantees (co-ops) to ensure they are familiar with Winrock’s subaward processes and ready to submit applications
- Work closely with the Finance and Administration Officer to ensure that correct Winrock financial processes are followed during grant implementation
- Support co-ops to prepare plans and budgets for the grant activities in their capacity building and communication plans.
- Review grantees’ liquidation and financial reports and provide summaries to the project’s Finance and Administration Officer monthly
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USDOL regulations and Winrock’s grants manual
- Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring the files stay up to date
- Ensure timely and accurate payments are made to partners throughout life of the sub-grants.
- Coordinate with relevant staff (Finance and Administration Officer, Home Office team, Regional team, MATE MASIE program staff) to develop, analyze, review, and negotiate contract documents related to MATE MASIE grant component
- Review grants modifications, if any, notify Project Director of problems and risks, and analyze any contractual issues
- Visit grantees’ offices and sites of project activities as necessary to assess compliance and ensure correct systems and proper documentation are put in place
- Ensure the cooperatives submit their monthly financial documentation on a timely basis
- Examine any issues outside of standard policies and procedures in consultation with Finance and Administration Officer, Project Director, and Home Office
- Maintain high ethical standards of integrity, respect confidentiality and represent Winrock International at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or any relevant field
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience with grants management, working with donor-funded projects is an advantage
- Substantial experience working on a relevant grant-making project in agricultural settings with smallholder farmers and farmer-based organizations in Ghana in establishing processes, administering funds and reporting to stakeholders. It is desirable for the candidate to have experience in the cocoa sector.
- Demonstrated and proven record working in a multidisciplinary team
- Sound knowledge of international donor contracts, financial and accounting regulations, systems and procedures
- Strong experience facilitating external sub-award audits and ensuring compliance with findings and recommendations
- Solid experience developing and implementing grants manuals, solicitations, award documents and award modifications
- Strong workflow management skills; flexibility; good interpersonal and organizational skills for coordinating a variety of tasks simultaneously; attention to detail; team player
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English
- Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel, is required
- Cheerful spirit and willingness to learn are beneficial
- Strong analytical skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th Oct. 2021