Gold Room Supervisor at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana - Newmont Inc Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- To supervise and control all aspects of the gold room operations from carbon-in-leach (CIL) elution, carbon handling circuits and physical production of the final product (i.e. gold bullion) in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner to maximize production levels.
In This Role You Will:
Gold Room Operations Oversight
- Schedule and deploy personnel, equipment and supplies necessary for the successful operation of the process plant.
- Work with the metallurgical team and laboratory to enable optimum metallurgical performance of the process plant and refinery area.
- Ensure adherence to operating parameters, make decisions on operating conditions/parameters and take necessary corrective action to minimize operating variations.
- Coordinate and assist operators with troubleshooting equipment defects/malfunctions.
- Work with the maintenance team to achieve efficient plant equipment performance and availability.
- Notify management of any detectable production variance with immediate effect.
- Coordinate production shutdowns and start-ups of the process plant and/or refinery to minimize delays.
- Oversee the maintenance of security systems and procedures to minimize the opportunities for theft of gold or gold bearing material from the gold room.
- Coordinate production / shipment schedules, in conjunction with Finance and Security, to meet budget and forecast requirements for refinery output.
Gold Room Shift Supervision
- Supervise shift teams responsible for the operation of the gold room and associated facilities.
- Instruct shift team personnel on safe work practices and conduct work place inspections on a regular basis by:
- inspecting and examining each operating area a minimum of three times during the course of every scheduled shift.
- issuing continuous and ongoing instructions to each person under their direct control throughout the work shift period.
- inspecting each operating area for housekeeping requirements and directing operating personnel to maintain housekeeping standards.
- reviewing operating reports/log sheets throughout regular scheduled shifts and taking corrective action to maintain operating parameters.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Ensure the adherence of all shift personnel to Newmont’s health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Oversee the administration of specific health monitoring of gold room personnel, as required.
- Ensure that all gold room and gold recovery equipment is operated in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervise team members in the proper recording and reporting of health and safety irregularities and/or incidents that occur.
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Conduct periodic safety meetings and inspections.
- Attend monthly safety inspection and meetings.
- Ensure that security procedures are followed to minimize the opportunities for theft of material or company property.
- Maintain metallurgical accounting records for gold room production and outputs.
- Maintain balanced metallurgical reports and mineman databases.
- Liaise with third parties to ensure timely transport of gold room product.
- Prepare shift production and operating reports, complete work requests, prepare purchase / warehouse requisitions and prepare employee time and attendance reports.
- Complete reports accurately detailing production variances, restrictions, hazards and corrective actions.
Supervise assigned team members by:
- communicating job requirements expected of job operators.
- providing on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching.
- conducting regular face-to-face interview assessments to understand operators development needs.
- recommending further/relevant training courses and development actions.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Extractive Metallurgy or Chemistry or equivalent.
- MINCOM Certification – Senior Process Officer.
- Advanced knowledge of operational and technical knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of mineral processing principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge of processing plant equipment.
- A minimum of 8 – 10 years’ experience in metalliferous mining, with a minimum of 5 years’ in gold room operations / processing.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ gold room supervisory experience supervising large and diverse teams.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and SAP.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Strong business continuity management skills.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong conflict management and influencing skills.
- Sound project and change management skills.
- Team player.
- Results driven.
- The position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th April. 2022