Geotechnical Technician at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Geotechnical Technician
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
Responsible for pit wall mapping, core logging and other geotechnical and structural data collection
- Ensure that OE Wiring Elements and methods are fully implemented and adhered to
- Participate, contribute to the identification of safety and operational risk, and resolve escalating issues.
- Responsible for surface water and underground water data collection
- Keep an updated register of all geotechnical data collected and reconcile the status of stored information on weekly basis.
- Implement slope monitoring plans
- Ensure installation and maintenance of slope monitoring instruments
- Implement Groundwater management plans as well as depressurization programs.
- SSCE / WASSCE certificate in General Science, Technical or equivalent with minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience OR HND (General Engineering with minimum of one (1) year working experience.
- Good numerical skills
- Ability to use computer and other electronic devices
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of ground control and management techniques
- Ability to build effective working relationship
- Ability to present information in tabular and chart formats for easy interpretation
- Ability to analyse and deduce trends from hydrological and hydrogeological data
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Planning and scheduling
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of ethical conduct.
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th Dec. 2021