Geotechnical Engineer at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Brong-Ahafo Region
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To provide geotechnical expertise regarding mine design, schedule, and ground support for all planning horizons with the objective of safe stable mining operations.
In This Role You Will:
- Evaluate and propose optimum geotechnical engineering solutions for problematic situations which threaten the achievement of planned objectives.
- Assess geotechnical risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Conduct analysis of stope and pillar designs, mining sequencing, and ground support design.
- Participate in business improvement opportunities.
- Implement management tools for the geotechnical process workflow.
- Contribute to, review, audit, and sign off geotechnical databases and models.
- Prepare monthly geotechnical reports which includes quality of installation and performance of ground support along with technical review of all mine planning horizons.
- Contribute to statutory reporting activities related to ground support.
- Contribute towards budget preparation activities for the geotechnical team which include ground management review of proposed business plan.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Actively participate in all Newmont Ghana safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment regarding safety and environmental practices.
- Identify potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raise, discuss, and resolve safety issues at regular meetings.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil, Mining or Geological Engineering.
- Prefer knowledge of Mine design software, Dips, Unwedge, Phase2, Map3D programmes.
- Previous undergraduate experience in hard rock underground metalliferous mining environment.
- Advance analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advance communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Advance planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Attention to detail.
- Combination of office and underground mining conditions.
- Noise exposure within the requirements for earplugs or/and earmuffs.
- Dark environment which requires personal attachment of lit head gear.
- Underground conditions include steep decline with section of uneven terrain.
- Working with corrosive chemicals.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date :1st Sept. 2021