General Manager at Midunu
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Midunu
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Midunu Chocolates makes and markets handcrafted chocolates and other artisanal products. Our chocolates are made-in-Ghana by a small team of female chocolatiers and each truffle features the flavors and unique spices of Africa.
We are a small and ambitious craft chocolatier with operations ranging from production, domestic fulfilment, international logistics, corporate and special events for clients, chocolate tastings, development of seasonal products, procurement of packaging, inventory management, and bespoke product collaborators across multiple revenue channels (online, corporate, experiences, and retailers). We’re in an exciting time of growth in our company, and we are seeking long-term, committed and enthusiastic team members for growth and long term sustainability.
The Role in One Sentence: This management position will be deeply involved in strategic planning, organization of production, order fulfillment, creation of new products, supervision of manufacturing, inventory management, cleanliness and sanitation of the production facility and quality assurance systems, in compliance with local and international certifications and aligned with company growth and profit targets.
- Manage inventory and ordering of high quality raw materials, packaging, equipment and finished goods to meet quarterly and semi-annual production targets
- Create production timelines/work orders, product specifications, and delegate operations to relevant team members when an order is received. Flexibility required to change and adapt production as needs change.
- Coordinate production flow with order fulfilment, packaging needs and orders.
- Use our Point-of-Sale system to manage retail sales for our online store and our upcoming factory storefront. Support and track fulfillment and shipments
- Oversee the production of the complete range of Midunu products, manage our production flow and inventory control, and help our chocolatiers to ensure products are made according to Midunu standards and SOPS in a timely focused manner.
- Create operational plans and implement SOPs to improve production, machine maintenance, quality control, and efficiency
- Ensure safe and clean working environment in accordance with FDA, GSA, and GMP standards, ensure all regulatory items and certifications up to date
- Budgeting and cost management Work with the founder to control costs, improve production efficiencies, update pricing and staff management. Monitor and report on company operations in accordance with the annual budget. Oversee budget variances and discuss significant issues with the Founder. Make financially sound, operationally efficient decisions. Develop board-level forecasts and reports to keep our investors well-informed
- Monitors performance against KPIs
- Lead hiring, training, and firing, of the production team
- Help out wherever needed and pitch in with other members of the Midunu team, including chocolatiers
- 3 years or more of leadership experience in general management/business operations/production management experience, chocolate, baking, or pastry making preferred
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and an above-average ability to multitask
- Clear and frequent communicator, ability to work with people of various personalities among customers and colleagues
- Ability to manage and delegate tasks to chocolatiers and other team members
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, stand for 8-10 hours, move quickly and lift heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds in kitchen and factory store environment
- Tech savvy and analytical
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Independent problem solving skills are very important, must think like an owner
- Focus, positive attitude and desire to work with and help grow an artisanal chocolatier
- Artisan chocolatier, chocolate making, confectionary or culinary experience
- Motivation to develop new procedures, recipes and improve workflow productivity
- Food Safety, HACCP certification
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27 August. 2021