Fundraising Manager at ActionAid Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: ActionAid Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
• The Fundraising Manager shall be responsible for the development and implementation of AA Ghana’s fundraising strategy, operational plan and related polices with the objective of maximizing income for ActionAid Ghana’s programmes.
• Formulation and implementation of resource mobilization strategies, policies and procedures through contextualization of the AAI Global
Funding policies and strategies to Ghana’s context.
• Exploration of existing and alternative funding options especially Institutional funding.
• Diversification of programme funding to achieve a healthy mix of sponsorship and institutional donor funding.
• Development and implementation of donor intelligence mechanisms.
• Tracking of resource mobilization trends and incorporating feasible innovations into Ghana’s practices.
• Formulation of fundable proposals in line with CSP programmes and in accordance with the ActionAid Ghana fundraising policy and strategy.
• Building relationships with other INGOs for consortium fundraising
• Maintaining a sponsorship funding base through the recruitment, retention and relationship management of sponsors and the children they
• Maintenance of sponsorship targets, standards and communication as well as sharing of learning on sponsorship developments.
• Coordinate knowledge to enable the organisation to adapt and respond to shifting donor landscape, evolving supporter expectations and quality
• Driver on trends and aid modalities, grant and compliance, standardized processes for contract management.
• Work closely with the Programme teams, fundraising affiliates and the funding community to ensure programme led funding principle are being
• Development and implementation of donor management information system and Knowledge management system.
• Provision of timely and accurate information to donors/funders, sponsors and other stakeholders as per existing agreements/MoUs or sponsorship
• Organizing and coordinating donor visits to Ghana and sharing information with respective teams, partners and stakeholders on institutional donors of ActionAid Ghana.
• Negotiating implementation of contracts and MOUs with donors.
• Monitoring funds flow and utilization as well as coordinating the periodic interaction of donors with the country programme in terms of monitoring visits; and
• Maintaining linkages and provision of feedback to networking partners and communities.
• Undertaking donor /sponsors intelligence, scanning and scoping
• Ensuring efficient and effective management of staff within the Department considering staff skills and leave allowance.
• Participate in the development of resource mobilization skills for ActionAid Ghana staff.
• Undertake performance appraisal for staff in the Department and initiation of correction actions for identified gaps.
• Undertaking training of staff within the Department; and
• Design innovative quality projects / proposals with key stakeholders and beneficiaries
• Lead in the coordination of proposal development
• Review proposals for compliance with funding guidelines and protocols and recommend for submission
• Provide guidance in the development of proposals in line with different donor funding protocols
• Advise and support National Board processes and development in the area of fundraising
• Acts a secretary to the Fundraising Committee of the Board
• Attends Board and General Assembly Meetings, presents reports to and provides technical support to the Board and Assembly in areas of expertise.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 2nd Degree in related field + 5 years’ working experience at the management level.
• Membership of a relevant professional institute.
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge / skills required for successful execution of the job).
• Corporate reputation management,
• Website and social media management
• Contracts management and photography
• Donor intelligence gathering
• Relationship Management
• Good communication skills
• Editing skills
• Proposal writing skills
• Computer skills
• Marketing skills
• In-depth understanding of programming issues and Policy work at organizational, national and international levels; and
• Have practical experience in resource mobilization including proposal development, donor reporting and managing donor relations.
• People management skills
• Experience in training, coaching, mentoring and developing others.
• Financial management
• Must be able to work with very little supervision.
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Gender sensitivity
• Child sensitivity.
• Interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
Salary: This role is on SM4 of ActionAid Ghana’s Salary Structure.
Location: Greater Accra Region.
How To Apply For The Job
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
Closing Date: 15 July, 2022
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”