Forensic Investigations Manager at Absa Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Absa Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.Job SummaryThe Forensics Investigations Manager is a member of the Forensic Investigations country unit providing independent investigative services to the country business at country level as requested.Forensic Investigations are responsible for investigating fraud, Whistle Blowing, Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption, Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering and all other matters referred for investigation by all Absa’s entities
- To undertake professional investigations into suspicions of fraudulent and criminal activities, and any activities as reported by stakeholders, providing an independent report for management to assist the disciplinary process, control enhancement and represent the bank in any related police and court proceedings;
- Liaising and working with law enforcement agencies, professional and commercial organisations in this field of expertise.
Job DescriptionAccountabilities InvestigationsTime split: 80%Conducting Investigations
- To investigate cases of criminal, fraudulent and security related incidents, examining appropriate records and documentation, interviewing all relevant parties internally and externally and reporting findings to management.
- Assist the business in confirmation of identification documents used in applications.
- To produce witness statements and submit case papers to the enforcement agencies to pursue prosecutions against perpetrators.
- To assist in the bonding of witnesses which involves, taking through the witnesses through the court process/statements
- To attend court in criminal cases where suspects have been arraigned before court.
- To attend court in civil cases where the bank has sued for recoveries and or sued by customers.
- Conducting research through the internet, newspapers, and fraud journals on emerging fraud trends in the industry.
- Attend to Warrants to investigate accounts served on the bank from law enforcement agencies
- Maintaining effective liaison with enforcement agencies and external fraud investigators within the industry.
- Liaise with other fraud teams within the industry to collate and share intelligence as appropriate.
- Conduct merchant visits at the request of the acquiring team or pursuant to investigations.
- Assist the business outlets in responding to queries which are fraud related
- Attend to requests from foreign embassies/missions on verification of bank documents.
- Assist in Audit programs that may be performed in the department.
- Assist in staff pre-employment screening process.
- Support business in disciplinary hearings.
Accountabilities Business Management.Time split:10%Case Management
- To maintain case files and central investigations database to operational standards.
- To attend progress meetings with investigation teams/management
- Develop own skills from training and work experience.
- Participate in production of weekly, Monthly and ad hoc MIs as appropriate.
- Ensure credible information is provided for MIs produced by Forensic Investigations and Recoveries.
- Support the Fraud Management Team in the Fraud Awareness Campaigns
Accountability: Risk Identification and Awareness
- Ensure that all risks and/or emerging risks which are identified during an investigation / interaction with stakeholders are escalated to line management upon discovery.
- Identify high risk business units and where requested to do so, participate in awareness initiatives.
Accountability: Stakeholder Management
- Interact with counterparts in the industry to gain understanding of threats and risks.
Accountability: Operational Requirements
- Inform management of any system, tool or equipment that is not available to perform daily task.
- Ensure that strict access control to Forensic premises and documents is exercised and ensure adherence to the Clean Desk Policy.
- Participate in and contribute to required office / stakeholder meetings.
Accountability: RecoveriesTime split: 10%Recoveries
- Ensure that lawful processes are followed to recover fraud losses.
- The following tools should be employed to make recoveries:
- Acknowledgment of Debt
- Indemnities are served to other banks
- Application of compensation at court
- Assist in asset tracing.
Role / Person Specification
- Education and Experience Required
- First degree in Law / Accounting; Diploma in Forensics Investigations/Criminology or equivalent or 5 years’ experience in an established investigations practice
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding criminal law.
- Relationship management and networking.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of risk management disciplines and processes. Ability to work under pressure.
- Report writing and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
- Planning and organizing
EducationBachelor’s Degree: Law, Military Science and Security (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th September, 2023