Fire and Rescue Brigadesman at AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Fire and Rescue Brigadesman.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to support the Emergency Management Services Superintendent in taking proactive measures to minimize the frequency of emergency situations in the mine and then responding to emergency operations on both surface and underground. It further seeks to augment the labour strength of the Emergency response team across the operations and satisfies the requirement of Fire and Rescue Brigades in the Minerals and Mining Regulations, 2012 LI2182 section 548.
- Assist in responding to all emergency operations on both surface and underground at all times.
- Assist in conducting planned inspection & audits using checklist periodically, aimed at evaluating compliance with standards and checking the state of all escape routes and refuge chambers.
- Assist in conducting planned inspections and audits on all firefighting and fire detection appliances on both surface and underground.
- Participate in all training sessions and emergency drills.
- Always be on standby and alert to respond to emergencies on both surface and underground.
- Ensure to undergo twelve (12) rescue practices in a year of which six should be held at underground as stated in the
- Minerals and Mining Regulations, 2012.LI2182 section 548
- Assist in the testing of the Breathing Apparatus as required.
- Clean and service assigned apparatus, maintaining it in a condition of readiness, report mechanical failures or difficulties and missing or damaged equipment to the proper authority.
- Attend to the Control Room.
- Assist in cleaning and keeping the Rescue Station tidy.
- Assist in organizing basic firefighting training and emergency drills for employees.
- Assist in conducting a rescue course for suitable employees.
- Assist in conducting self-contained self-Rescuer training for all underground employees.
- Comply and follow the operating procedures and environmental rules for the performance of the assigned job.
- Must correct, or report the Supervisor, any observed environmental deviations, practices and conditions as well make suggestions to improve any aspect of environmental management.
- Follow the established procedures if incident occur by reporting to the Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have at least a SSCE / WASSCE in General Science Subjects or a similar qualification from a recognized institution
- Must be a qualified and a competent Advanced First Aider.
- Physician Assistants are encouraged to apply
- Must be computer literate.
- Certificate of Competency – Mine Rescue Certificate – Ghana Minerals Commission will be an advantage
- Certificate of Competency – Firefighting Certificate from a Recognized Institution will be an advantage
- Applicants with underground ventilation experience and occupational Hygiene background would be an advantage
- Must be disciplined and abreast with Brigadesman Code of Ethics;
- Physically and medically fit to AGA Standard
- Working experience of 3 – 5 years with exposure to underground and surface rescue operations would be an advantage.
- An in-depth understanding and working knowledge of emergency procedures on both underground and surface would be an advantage.
- Considerable skill in assembling and testing of the BG4 Breathing Apparatus would be an advantage.
- Considerable knowledge in the use and operations of all firefighting and fire detection appliances (this include but not limited to portable fire extinguishers, fire Hose Reels, fire hydrants, smoke detectors, fire alarms) would be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge in gas sampling and monitoring and smoke management would be an advantage
- Ability to administer first aid.
- Must be able to inspect and identify hazards associated with firefighting equipment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12th December, 2022