Financial Controller at SOS Children’s Villages Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana - Banking Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES GHANA is part of a global humanitarian and child welfare organization that provides a stable family environment for children in need and without parental care or at risk of losing parental care, with four villages currently in operation in Tema, Asiakwa, Asokore Mampong & Tamale. We also provide social services for families at risk through our Programme (FSP). Family Strengthening
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of: Financial Controller
• The successful applicant heads the Finance Department and ensures that all the Accounting records of the association are done with strict adherence to set standards.
• He will report to the National Director and be responsible for the supervision of the Senior Accountant, National Office Finance Officers and all the Prograamme Location Accountants.
• He will provide technical financial supervision to the Programme Directors in each of our four (4) locations.
• As the finance partner to the management team, applicant will be responsible for ensuring sound financial controls, playing a prominent role in driving organizational performance through the financial supply chain, advising and developing organizational strategy together with the management team, ensuring compliance with global policies and internal controls; serving as point of contact external and internal auditors.
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate must:
• Hold a minimum qualification of first degree preferably in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) plus ICA/ACCA final certificate.
• An MBA degree in Finance is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience as Head of Finance and with basic administrative skills.
• Preferably within the NGO sector.
• Strong Administrative and Organizational Skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to represent SOS in dealing with donors and partnerships with donor funding agencies
• Have a basic understanding of programme design development and budgeting especially in the sectors of education, health, livelihoods, safeguarding childcare
• Have the ability to coordinate and be the link amomg finance, programme, and potential institutional donors
• Be able to maintain good relationships with donors by ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective and prompt financial reporting.
• Have the following competencies: leadership, innovation, team playing, flexible, self-drive and have the ability to work very fast and under strict deadlines.
• Be highly proficient in MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and the use of Internet for research.