Financial Analyst II at Newmont Mining Corporation
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Newmont Mining Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- To oversee the financial analysis, cost controls, financial modeling, and budgeting with an emphasis on processing, analysing and reporting financial transactions associated with business activity within designated operational or support area(s).
- To provide and establish day-to-day business advice as well as accounting procedures within guidelines and policies established by the Newmont Accounting Policy.
In This Role You Will:
Stakeholder Reporting and Business Advisory Service
- Provide management with the appropriate information for various “what if” scenarios.
- Interact with department heads in the review of their cost center reports and facilitate their understanding of costs charged to their cost center.
- Serve as a liaison between accounting, business planning and assigned operating group.
- Attend assigned departmental meetings.
- Execute continuous improvement initiatives or opportunities within the accounting areas.
Planning and Cost Control
- Coordinate, compile and analyse planned and forecasted cost performance and financial results from key stakeholders for global and external stakeholder reporting.
- Resolve disputed cost center charges prior to the close.
- Provide support in the control over the maintenance of costs by responsibility, activity, cost center, element and other performance indicators.
- Support the authorization for expenditure (AFE) and provision for doubtful debts (PDD) preparation for capital expenditures.
- Review and analyse monthly financial reports to identify potential cost control issues.
- Compile the monthly variance analysis of the operations, looking at budget versus, forecasts and previous plan etc. for site and corporate reporting purposes.
- Implement metrics and monitor results for areas of responsibilities and employees to track progress towards company and departmental goals.
- Build financial models or other driver-based planning functionality for various departments, including, but not limited to support areas, finance and treasury schedules during the yearly budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Maintain a working knowledge of software applications, accounting issues and processes to ensure information is efficiently and easily gathered with a high degree of accuracy with emphasis on continuous improvement.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Chartered / Certified Accountant qualification is an advantage.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Knowledge of costing and budgeting concepts and techniques.
- Familiarity with Activity Base Costing (ABC – Model).
- Between 4 and 7 years of relevant accounting experience or 7 years of combination of education and experience in financial modeling, cost control and economic analysis, or similar. mining, construction, utilities or other heavy industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in SAP and Business Planning Consolidation (BPC) is preferred.
- Must have experience with a computer-based accounting system.
- Demonstrated people management experience and the ability to work with internal and external partners and experience with continuous improvement programs and integrated management systems.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong leadership and management presentation skills.
- Time management skills.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Financial administration, analysis and reporting skills.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Team player.
- The position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th Dec. 2021