Finance Officer at St. Teresa’s College of Education
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: St. Teresa’s College of Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Hohoe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
St. Teresa’s College of Education is an all-female institution. It was established on 1st November, 1961 with 35 pioneer students drawn from all the then nine (9) regions of Ghana. The College was founded by His Lordship Rt. Rev. Anthony Konings of blessed memory who was the Bishop of then Keta Diocese. The College was elevated to the status of a College of Education by an Act of Parliament in 2012 (Act 847).
The positions of Finance Officer and Vice Principal for the College are vacant and the College invites applications from interested and qualified persons to fill the vacancies.
Qualification Required and Experience
- applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related area and must be a Chartered Accountant.
- He/She should be a member of a recognised professional accountancy body.
- The person must have served as a Deputy Finance Officer in a College of Education or a comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years.
NB: In addition to the above, Applicants must:
Have a good character with high degree of personal integrity.
- Be analytical, critical, results-oriented, innovative and visionary.
- Be a good team player.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software.
- Be able to implement policies relating to accounting and financial control in the College.
The Finance Officer shall:
Be the Head of the Finance/Accounts and Budgets Department of the College and be responsible to the Principal for the Financial Administration of the College and work in accordance with the Financial Administration Act 2003, (Act 654) and other financial laws and Regulations in force.
- Be responsible for collecting all legitimate revenue due the College and exercise control over expenditure in line with the College’s objectives and budgets.
- Be responsible for preparing the annual budget of the College and ensuring that financial statements of the College are drawn in accordance with applicable accounting standards and other relevant regulations in force.
- Periodically present the state of affairs of the finances of the College to the Council as required.
- Ensure that the College’s financial statements are duly audited and reports submitted to the appropriate bodies in accordance with the financial laws and regulations in force.
- Be generally responsible for the administration of the finances of the College that will ensure its financial health.
Tenure of office:
- The appointment, which is full time, shall be Four (4) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further term of Four (4) years only after an outstanding performance on the job.
- Salary is very attractive and competitive.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants for each of the positions must submit eight (8) copies of their application packages, including curriculum vitae (CV), a three page vision statement for the College, certificates and any other relevant documents to the address below in both hard and soft copies not later than 31st October, 2022.
ST. TERESA’S COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P. O. BOX 129
HOHOE, VOLTA REGION
Soft copies must be forwarded to [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.