Finance Officer at Absa Bank
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Absa Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
- Lead the preparation of management accounts, performance reports and business review packs.
- Support the process of daily, weekly, and quarterly reconciliation
- Provide financial and analytical support.
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation, process improvement and efficiencies. E.g., subsidized interest rate to offset part of Grant amount
- Proactively improve the quality of management/financial information and analysis.
Performance Reporting – Time Split – 35%
- Support the preparation and submission of monthly management/financial accounts.
- Provide sound commentary for all reports decks for senior management.
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of monthly payments incurred by the Project
- Support the preparation and submission of monthly report and commentary on the Absa Young Africa Works Project.
- Manage the reporting calendar by developing and maintaining a report dashboard that tracks report submissions to the Absa Young Africa Works project and country.
- Manage the resolution of all queries with regards to actual performance compared to budget for cost, assets etc.
- Ensure the standardization of structure and format of all reports
- Coordinate with Business and own all aspects of the key process for both Actual reporting and budget.
Planning & Analysis- Time Split – 35%
- Support the preparation of Short- and Medium-Term Plans.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission, business plans and Strategies in line with the Absa Young Africa Works project timetable.
- Maintain teamwork / collaborative relationship with key stakeholders (e.g., Risk, Treasury, Business Partners, Financial Control, donor agencies) to facilitate planning processes and timely resolution of issues.
- Review cost and income lines, liaise with Financial Control to align results and share insights for advanced decision-making.
- Continuously analyze financial results and forecast assumptions and share insights/ trends with the Absa Young Africa Works project and business.
- Provide ad-hoc performance and trend analysis reports when required.
- Coordinate and consolidate inputs for routine and ad-hoc requests (e.g., quarter& half-year commentary, forecast and actual performance reviews, etc.) from Absa Young Africa Works project and business
Process Improvement & Reconciliation -Time Split -15%
- Identify and recommend process/system improvements to make the planning and reporting cycle more effective
- Continuously align Absa Young Africa Works project and business numbers ensuring all mapping issues are resolved.
- Institute a system/process to manage subsidized interest against Grant amount.
- Provide continuous training on all key changes in the financial/management reporting policies with Absa Young Africa Works project
Team Management / Personal Development- 15%
- Provide specific tasks support.
- Develop new analytical capabilities and pursue a personal development path to increase job effectiveness.
- Keep abreast with current developments in the banking industry including micro and macro-economic factors and trends.
- Keep abreast with MasterCard Foundation strategies and policies
- Take ownership of your personal development as well as the development of team members
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th Jan, 2023