Finance Manager at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is looking for a competent, self-motivated and dynamic individual to oversee the accounting, auditing, financial budgeting and reporting functions of its West Africa office in Accra, Ghana.
• The incumbent will provide support, leadership and assistance to project leaders and researchers in financial matters. Reporting to the Country Representative – Ghana, the Finance Manager will be responsible for providing financial expertise to assist in meeting the objectives of IWMI’s West Africa office and lead the finance team; act as the main point of contact for the West Africa region, on behalf of the finance team at IWMI Headquarters, on matters related to accounting and reporting; implement financial management processes to ensure effective and efficient management of resources; and prepare annual capital and operational budgets for the West Africa office, and monitor the performance of the budgets.
Qualification Required & Experience
• An advanced degree in a field related to Finance/Accounting (Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant)
• At least 8 years of extensive experience in financial accounting and reporting in a not-for-profit/international organization.
• In-depth knowledge of financial accounting, budgeting and reporting, preferably in a project-based international organization.
• Proven skills in system implementation, preferably with a working knowledge of the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
• Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
• Conversant with Microsoft Office and accounting software packages.
• Experience in coordination and management of budgets.
• Outstanding service approach and high level of interpersonal, communication and service management skills in a multidisciplinary and multicultural organization.
• Very good personal organization and priority setting skills.
• Commitment to teamwork and strongly valuing the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere.
• Well-developed administrative skills and good communication skills.
• Demonstrates effective skills in leading and managing people.
• Focus on a high-quality service.
TERMS OF THE APPOINTMENT
• This is a nationally recruited position and only citizens of Ghana are encouraged to apply. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of 3 years with the possibility of extension based on performance and availability of funds.
• In the inability to appoint a suitable candidate at Finance Manager level, IWMI will consider appointing a candidate who will meet the requirements at Senior Finance Officer level.
Method of ApplicationTo submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 27 May, 2022