Finance Manager at fhi360 Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: fhi360 Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is an eight-year (2019–2027) global health initiative project funded by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The project receives Global Health Security funding to strengthen global, regional, and local public health systems to effectively prevent, detect, and respond to infectious diseases, building on broad experience and existing capabilities that align with GHS priorities, National Action Plans for Health Security (NAPHS), and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) goals. EpiC has presence in more than 60 countries and extensive breadth and depth of technical experience in the 10 priority GHS technical areas, FHI 360 and our consortium partners are ready to rapidly implement GHS programming.
We are seeking to employ Finance Manager to support our activities in Accra, Ghana.
• The Finance Manager will support financial management for the USAID EpiC project in the Ghana country office. • Responsibilities include monitoring of projects finances, preparing project budgets, managing financial reporting to clients, ensuring adherence to funder rules and regulations, coordinating with headquarters on financial information, providing financial technical assistance to develop the capacity of FHI 360 partner organizations and entities in the country, and acting as a resource for project staff on finance-related issues.
• May develop formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulator y compliance agencies.
• Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP). • Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) may also be required.
• Experience in comprehensive management of business support and compliance functions in organizations funded via government, contracts and grants, foundation, and commercial sources.
• Provides support for the project’s financial management areas including, accounting, travel, payments, reporting systems and procedures.
• Manages project budgets in accordance with the approved annual budget and monitors the expenditures on an on-going basis.
• Oversees the timely completion and accuracy of monthly financial reports prepared for submission to Project Senior Leadership.
• Oversees the management and reporting of cost share and ensures that FHI 360 achieves the results of which it is responsible for under the donor agreement.
• Oversees the maintenance of adequate financial resources in-country to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements.
• Ensures appropriate monitoring of sub-grantees to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
• Ensures all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by FHI 360 and funders.
• Ensures project budgets, accounting, and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively and compliantly.
• Ensures compliant pre-award audit of new implementation agencies and subproject budget development.
• Ensures monitoring and review of subproject financial reports in compliance with subproject budgets and FHI 360 policies.
• Ensures project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
• Contributes to resource development efforts; participates in proposal development process.
• Oversees and may provide support to internal audit functions.
• Oversees and ensures quality financial operations throughout the project and participates and contributes to the overall mission of FHI 360.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls and financial information systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent and demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
• Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
• Ability to influence, motivates, and negotiates and work will with others.
• Is well-versed in state and federal laws and regulations that have impact on financial analysis and management controls.
• Has familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
• Sound knowledge and past experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and reporting guidelines.
• Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills.
• Ability to provide strategic leadership and advice to team, exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization.
• Possesses a full understanding of the organizational structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area and the entire organization.
• Must have excellent communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
Problem Solving & Impact:
• Works on problems moderately complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, for obtaining results.
• Decisions made generally affect company operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
• Career level manager.
• Works under broad direction with considerable latitude for independent action.
• Ability to motivate, mentor, and manage individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and expertise, resulting in high quality and timely work delivery.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5-8 years related work experience, including 3 years in financial management and administration, preferably in a regional and/or multi-partner context, and 3 years working at the corporate or organization level.
• Past experience managing a financial analysis department is required.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English, fluent in host country language as appropriate. * Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
• Experience working with an international organization.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st October, 2023