Finance Manager at ActionAid Ghana
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: ActionAid Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
• To coordinate financial management functions of the Accra Office and to ensure compliance with financial accountability responsibilities of ActionAid Ghana.
(List the major responsibilities the job holder is expected to perform)
• Supervise the processing of all transactions to ensure compliance with the LFPPM
• Review all reconciliations to ensure that un-reconciled items are properly investigated and corrected on a timely basis
• Review legal documents and advise management on the financial viability or otherwise of such documents as well as the compliance of provisions of such documents to the LFPPM
• Ensure that procurement processes are in line with the LFPPM provisions and that items procured provide value for money for the organisation
• Provide monthly/quarterly organisational performance updates to Senior Management on a timely basis
• Provide customised reports to budget holders in line with their requests and support them to reconcile their budgets with actual expenditure
• Ensure timely acquisition of funds from AAI and other sources as shall be determined by the Head of Finance
• Ensure optimum value for foreign exchange deals and prompt transfer of funds to avoid exposing the AAG to cash crises
• Ensure timely transfer of funds to the regional offices
• Ensure prompt update of banking details and signatories and liaise with regional Accountants to ensure prompt update of signatories to all accounts in line with the LFPPM provisions
• Conduct monthly cash count of all foreign exchange petty cash and reconcile cash at hand with cash book balance
• Follow-up on banking transactions to ensure prompt delivery of services including submission of audit circularisation responses and amendment of
• Support budget holders in the Accra office to prepare their plans and budgets and complete activity templates in line with guidelines submitted by Head of Finance
• Review budgets and activity costings submitted for approval and recommend appropriate action to management
• Consolidate the Affiliate’s Programme budget and reconcile with the income allocation as approved by management
• Load cash flow into SUN after budget has been approved by the AAG and AAI Boards of Trustees
• Review requests for virements and ensure that such requests comply with the LFPPM provisions and recommend appropriate action to management
• Supervise monthly preparation of staff salaries to ensure that staff salaries are paid on time in line with statutory requirements
• Review all payroll documents and recommend appropriate action to management
• Prepare payroll data and compared with previous payroll information on a monthly basis and reconcile any difference thereon
• Conduct a monthly review of all payroll related control accounts and ensure that the accounts have nil balances and investigate any outstanding balances
• Ensure that all statutory deductions and staff benefits are properly computed and paid on a timely basis.
• Support development of codes for project activities to support automation of project reports
• Develop unique codes for all donor projects and donors in SUN
• Support development of automated reports for all donor projects
• Provide appropriate donor reports and analysis on a timely basis for all projects in the GARP and Policy and follow up and answer all queries thereon
• Support Fundraising department to develop proposal and prepare donor report on timely basis.
• Support the preparation of annual accounts for the AP
• Support annual audit processes for the AP
• Perform other functions as may be directed by management
• Work with Head of Finance to regularly revise LFPPM to ensure policies and procedures conform to acceptable standards.
• Build capacity of regional accountants to effectively use SUN software
• Ensure compliance with safeguarding policies as relevant to responsibilities.
• Educate other relevant stakeholders including visitors on AAG safeguarding policies, principles and procedures.
• Bring up to the attention of management, any safeguarding issues that will emerge in course of work.
Qualification Required & Experience
Academic Qualification & Experience:
• 2nd Degree in Accounting and Finance related field + 5 years relevant experience at the management level.
• Completed ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Knowledge of HRBA programming
• Knowledge of Financial and management accounting
• Knowledge of budgets and budgetary control
• Knowledge of treasury and cash management
• Knowledge of procurement and stores management
• Knowledge of project and contract management
• Knowledge of advanced spreadsheet, word-processing and presentation
• Advance knowledge of accounting software especially SUN 6.3 and Query and Analysis BI.
• Knowledge of audit and attestation
• Knowledge of internal control and application of accounting standards
• Knowledge of the use of management science tools for both situations of certainty and uncertainty
• Knowledge of payroll preparation and reconciliations
• Knowledge of taxation
• Knowledge of corporate law
• Knowledge of planning control processes
• Effective time management skills
• Conflict management and negotiation skills
• Workflow scheduling skills
• Team management skills
• Performance management skills
• Resource mobilisation and allocation skills
• Effective communication skills
• Capacity building and training skills
• Customer relations skills
• Risk Orientation
• Reaction time
• Openness and candour
• Coping with pressure
• Detail orientation
This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
Salary: This role is on SM4 of ActionAid Ghana’s Salary Structure.
Location: Greater Accra Region.
How to Apply For the Job
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
Closing Date: 15 July, 2022
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”