Finance Assistant at World Food Programme (WFP)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: World Food Programme (WFP)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
The Office of the UN World Food Programme (WFP) Accra invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Duration: 1 Year Renewable
Post Grade: G5
Duty Station: Accra
• To support effective delivery of finance services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following duties.
• Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
• Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
• Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
• Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
• Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
• Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
• Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
• Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
• Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Academic Qualifications Guide
• University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related fields corresponding to advertisement. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area with additional seven (7) years of experience is an added advantage.
Desired Experiences for entry into the role:
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in Finance/Accounting.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station. Fluency in French will be an added advantage.
Language: Fluency in English language is essential
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 25 July, 2023