Finance & Administration Director- PMI Evolve at Abt Associates
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
No views yet
Solving the world’s most pressing issues and improving the quality of life for people worldwide is what we do every day at Abt Associates. Creating a more equitable world is no small task, but we are driven by big challenges.We are a team of 4,000+ people in over 50 countries working in unison and focused on the bigger picture. Only by sharing our commitment, energy, and innovation do we affect change and push the boundaries of what’s possible. We welcome diverse ideas, backgrounds, and viewpoints – joining Abt means access to exceptional thinkers at the top of their game.To thrive at Abt is to embrace flexibility and collaboration. Our open culture allows you to balance your work and personal life as needed to optimize personal well-being. Creating a more equitable world starts from within – we look after people around the world, and we’ll do the same for you.Ready to embrace rewarding and meaningful work? Now’s your chance.The Opportunity The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the primary oversight and in-country leadership of all financial reporting, procurement, logistics, human resources, and administrative operations through the life of the program. In particular, s/he will oversee financial operations for the program; conduct continual reporting to ensure the financial health of the program and the correct usage of funds.The PMI Evolve Project supports the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control strategy with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria while promoting equity to sustain malaria gains. Abt has implemented integrated vector control for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality indoor residual spraying (IRS), technical assistance for insecticide-treated net (ITN) distribution and durability monitoring, and new approaches for larval source management (LSM). Additionally, Abt’s PMI-funded work manages the most comprehensive malaria vector entomological surveillance programs in 21 African countries to inform malaria vector control trends, strategies, and impact. Under the PMI Evolve Project, Abt will further its delivery of integrated vector control programs by partnering with local communities, organizations, and governments to co-design and co-implement tailored malaria vector control programs. The end goal is fighting malaria while strengthening local capacity to sustain malaria gains.Core ResponsibilitiesAccounting and treasury management
- Maintain project bank accounts to include requesting to open new accounts, modify signatories, or close accounts as needed.
- Ensure controlled cash management of bank and mobile accounts as well as petty cash
- Ensure timely completion of week-end, month-end, and year-end accounting closes, with appropriate supporting documentation for all accounting transaction uploaded to Abt’s accounting system.
- Ensure all expenses and supporting documents are compliant with Abt and USAID policies and procedures
- Prepare site funding request
- Review and approve travel expense reports and ensure all advances are cleared within 30 days of travel per Abt policies
- Ensure all government taxes are paid and filed timely in accordance to local law
- Prepare and initiate site payroll by applying the appropriate deductions
Project financial cycle management, budget control, and commitment of expenditures
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets and annual workplans in collaboration with global support team to provide data measurements on financial performance and recommend cost cutting and compliant strategies to implement the project with less resources
- Prepare projections and update budget tracker forecast monthly
- Collaborate with procurement team to ensure international and local purchases are within the approved budget
- Develop and implement systems to streamline financial practices and procedures
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
Team leadership and other task
- Support the startup, general operations, and closedown of the PMI Evolve project
- Provide costing as needed for new business department
- Lead recruitment, orientation, and training of new administrative or accounting staff
- Lead and continuously develop and strengthen the field office finance, accounting, and operations team. Organize the orientation and provision of continuous training / skills building for all relevant field staff on financial and operations policies and procedures, and finance, accounting, & project management and operations
- Prepare budgets and administrative and logistical arrangements to support project activities, including travel arrangements and visa requirements
- Oversee financial audits
- Inform and ensure global support team is updated on all contractual, financial and legal issues affecting the project
- Update government property asset registry with new, broke, or lost items; report any incidents of stolen or lost equipment; perform random audits of inventory to make sure always accurate and up to date
- Assist with the clearance of international procurements including working with clearing agent as needed
- Support global support team preparing corporate and client financial deliverables such as the cost study, VAT, NXP, and accrual reports
- Ensure that contractual and internal approval requirements (e.g., waivers, approval memos) are met, and prepare justifications supporting these actions in coordination with project leadership and business support groups
Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.What We Value
- Bachelors + 12 years, Masters + 10 years and PHD + 8 years
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant field.
- At least 12 years of professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of international development projects, preferably USAID-funded projects.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills, with strong experience in Excel and QuickBooks or Quicken
- Well-developed and effective organizational skills, including to ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment
- Significant experience managing and supervising financial and procurement management personnel.
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards.
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and supply chain management highly desirable.
- Proficiency in English, reading, writing and speaking.
What We OfferWe foster an environment where you can Thrive Your Way. Our innovative total rewards programs are designed to help balance your work and personal life. The approach toward your wellbeing centers around comprehensive benefits and professional development.Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.About UsAround the world, vulnerable populations face an array of complex problems. At Abt, we’re committed to making fundamental societal change in these disproportionately affected communities. We help wherever we’re needed. Here, you’ll collaborate with an international network of talented colleagues as you design and implement solutions for critical health, climate, economic, and governance issues. In partnership with local and indigenous communities you will help to improve lives and livelihood. All the while having the support and encouragement of leaders who always put your career and wellbeing first. Come make a World of Difference with us.At Abt Associates, our commitment to creating a more equitable society for populations around the world starts from within. We understand how communities can flourish when people are given the right resources and support, and at Abt we continuously strive to cultivate a culture where there are no barriers to personal and professional fulfilment. Our welcoming and inclusive environment, our stance on employee wellbeing and flexibility, our deliberate approach towards expanding our talent representation, and our Employee Networking Groups are just some of the ways we ensure that everyone at Abt can thrive. With an eye towards continuous improvement, we know there’s always more to be done. And we’re set on doing it.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 11th July, 2023