Finance and Administration Assistant at The International Potato Center (CIP)
We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
- Company: The International Potato Center (CIP)
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
No views yet
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Finance and Administration Assistant to support the financial and administrative management of the Generating Revenues & Opportunities for Women to Improve Nutrition in Ghana (GROWING) project in Tamale, Ghana.
The Position: This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center. The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana and will report to the Officer – Finance and Administration.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control petty cash to ensure a proper reimbursement.
- Checks appropriateness of payment supporting documents; checks the availability of funds before effective payment.
- Ensures the full recording and completeness of transactions in USD and Local Currency.
- Accomplishes monthly cash position report and submit to the supervisor and HQ.
- Preparation of Monthly Bank reconciliation and General ledger accounts reconciliation.
- Facilitates annual internal audit requirements.
- Support with the administration the process accounts payable and accounts receivable to ensure a correct accounting.
- Monitor the division files for contracts, grants and agreements to guarantee the respect agreements to the organization.
- Realize accounting and financial tasks to contribute with the production of finance and account reports.
- Support and help coordinate fleet Management, including vehicle log review and reconciliation with user signatures, fuel purchased, vehicle maintenance, mileage calculation/verification and donor vehicle and fuel use.
- Tags or Marks fixed assets upon receipts of the fixed assets purchased and before deploying the assets in a fixed asset register. Support yearly fixed asset inventory.
- Support in Office Management, IT and office security in liaison with the country Finance and Admin Officer and Risk safety and security Officer in HQ.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- 1 year of professional experience in accounting preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Proficiency in accounting skills.
- Advanced skills in utilizing Excel.
- Knowledge of local tax regulations and labor law.
- Accounting techniques and trends.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Accounting software packages.
- Strong communication and English writing skills.
General information: The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Ghana nationals and permanent residents only. The contract will be for an initial period of three years (with a 6-month probation period). Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th May. 2022